Chapter 65: Breaking bones

Chapter 65

-Katniss-

"Wait what," I ask in a high voice.

Finn disappeared?

Where is he?

"He's missing!" Annie screams and starts to fall down on her knees, but I hold her up.

"Have you told anyone?"

"Only Peeta and Haymitch", Annie cries. "By the way Peeta looked totally destroyed but he offered to help so now he's out looking for Finn, Haymitch as well".

Oh Peeta. I'm so sorry I hurt you.

"We're gonna find him, it's gonna be okay Annie", I say.

What the heck am I saying that for? I don't know if everything is gonna be okay. I don't know anything. I don't even know where Peeta is so I can apologize. Oh our lives are falling apart again. Why did it have to fall apart? Haven't we suffered enough already? Peeta still suffer from his flashbacks. Although they are coming more rarely nowadays to be honest. If Peeta have a bad day or something, or if something happened, he can get flashbacks. Which probably means that I may have caused one tonight.

I smack my hand onto my forehead. Great Katniss! This is just great!

Just when everything had fallen into place, it all had to be destroyed somehow. In this case Stella's death. If that hadn't happen, I wouldn't have been angry with the fact that Peeta cares about me and I wouldn't have said what I said. We would most likely have been with Annie, Finn and Haymitch now at the evening, considering it's Saturday night, and Finn would not have been taken away.

Wait. What did I just say? Taken away? Is that what I think happened to Finn? Do I think he has been kidnapped?

Well yes. I do think that, because Finn wouldn't just run away, he loves his mother so much, he would never do anything like this to make her scared. He didn't go willingly. Someone forced him.

"I'm helping you look", I say.

"You don't have to do that..." Annie starts but I interrupt her.

"Annie he's my godson, of course I'm gonna help", I say.

Annie nods.

"Come on", I say and we start to run.

We run into Haymitch. No I mean it literary. We don't see him come running, so we run straight into him. All three of us collide and we fall on our butts onto the ground.

I crash with my arm straight into the ground and get all my body weight over it. I hear a crack.

Damn that hurt! Gosh my arm!

"What the heck Haymitch?" I ask angrily as I put my arm into my hand. God it hurts.

"Don't even try to blame this one on me sweetheart, you ran into me!" Haymitch scolds.

He's angry with me. Has he been talking to Peeta? Haymitch always ends up taking Peeta's side. Often it's not fair. This time, well I'm angry at myself as well.

"Who cares?! Now my arm is broken!" I hiss.

"Serves you right after what you did to Peeta", Haymitch mutter angrily even though he looks concerned at my arm.

My arm is in a wired position. What's that white thing... Oh wait. Ugh I think I'm gonna be sick. That's my bone. It's made its way through my skin. No wonder it hurts. Ugh god that's disgusting. How the hell did this happen?

"Maybe we should go to the hospital", Annie says as she stands up, brushing away the dirt from her clothes.

She looks at my arm and her eyes widen

"Yeah we should really go to the hospital", she says, a little green in her face.

No way! I'm not going to the damn hospital. Not yet anyways!

"No, not until we find Finn, he can't end up as Stella!" I say.

Annie takes a heavy shaky breath.

"I can't lose Finn as well, I already lost Finnick", she says, trying to hold back her tears.

"And that's why we're not gonna rest until we find him", I say. "I run that way, Annie that, and Haymitch, do whatever you want but stay sober for once in your life!"

And with that I run off.

I can only think off finding both Finn and Peeta. Finn because he's probably kidnapped, and my Peeta because I need to tell him how sorry I really am. I need to tell him that. I need to tell him how much I love him, and how much he means to me.

Maybe Peeta hates me now. I wouldn't blame him for that.

As I run, I run past a small shoe I recognize as Finn. I recognize these especially, because these are the once Peeta and I bought for him not long ago.

I pick it up. It's pretty small. He's only seven after all.

Oh Finn. We're gonna find you.

I see trace of blood.

I don't even wanna think about what they did to Finn to get him. But I'm sure that the blood I'm looking at, is Finn's blood.

My arm hurts so much that I'm starting to feel sick because of the pain. But I'm not giving in until I find Finn at least.

I follow the trace of blood. It doesn't take long for me until I realize where the blood is leading me.

When I come up to the house I got my fears confirmed. I'm standing outside Marcus house. Stella's boyfriend.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋902✒️

Hey guys,

It's only three more chapters and an epilogue left in this fanfic.

Some of you have been asking me for a sequel, but then I don't think you've really understood what this is, as I said in the beginning, this is not a new fanfic this is a sequel to my After Mockingjay trilogy. So no, it won't be a sequel to this.

Please vote and comment to tell me what you guys thought about this chapter :)

-Josephine xx