Chapter 5: Oh god!

Chapter 5

-Katniss-

I don't know how, but somehow Peeta managed to make me eat something more than the bread. He begged me to eat, and I just couldn't keep saying no, so I ate to shut him up. It was quite funny actually.

The front door slams open. Peeta and I jerk, turn our heads and look to see Haymitch stomp inside my house. He stops right in his moves when he sees me. With Peeta in front of me.

"Oh ... Kay?" He says with raised eyebrows.

"What?" I ask. "He came by this morning, asking how I was doing and I invited him to breakfast, because you know that I don't eat much, and the food would get old".

I'm usually not good at lying, so I'm surprised that he believes me.

He shrugs and throw himself down on the chair beside Peeta and start heaving bacon in his mouth.

I roll my eyes. Typical Haymitch. Always hungry during a hangover.

"Well, I'm gonna go and change", I say, realizing I still have my nightgown on.

"Thanks for sharing the very necessary information", Haymitch snorts and keep eating bacon and scrambled eggs.

"Just because you're in the same clothes you've hade the last two weeks", I growl at him, standing up and walk towards the stairs.

When I come up the stairs, I hear light and soft steps coming up the stairs after me. Peeta.

I start to smile but quickly wipe it off, before his right next to me.

"I was going to tell you that I'm going home now, I wanted to say goodbye", Peeta says and I immediately feel sad.

"What why? Was it something I said?" I ask worried, starting to walk towards my room.

Ugh I hate this house. I'm always too near a breakdown while walking past the room that was once Prims. I look down at the floor while walking past the door.

"No! God no Katniss!" Peeta says walking after me. "I just need to change as well, I'm also still in my nightclothes, you know, I mean I don't have any clothes here".

Oh. Stupid Katniss!

"Actually..." I say as I walk inside my bedroom with Peeta following. "... You kind of do".

Sometimes when I got all too sad to ever be happy again, or missed Peeta so much I almost went crazy I would dress in his clothes all over my body and took up some other of his clothes from my dresser, lay down in the bed sniffing on them.

"Wait... I do?" Peeta asks surprised.

I nod and pull out the second drawer where I have my socks and he has a pair of clothes.

"Yeah, before the second ... Arena, you put clothes here because you used to sleep over, I never wanted to sleep alone", I say. "And I never took them out". (A/N: I'm sure he didn't, but just go with it;)

"Why not?" Peeta asks, looking me in the eyes.

"I ... I just couldn't", I say, turning away my eyes. "Anyway, you have clothes, so you don't have to go home if you want to stay".

"Well, now I don't have any reason to go home", Peeta smirks, taking up a shirt and a pair of jeans.

I take a pair of clothes and walks inside the bathroom. I quickly change and brush my theeth before walking out again.

Peeta stands there, also in changed clothes. My eyes widen and I turn away my eyes quickly.

He's wearing a white v-necked shirt, a pair of black jeans, a little tighter than usual, and his hair is stirred in a mess like always, and I just need to control my mouth, so I won't drool. So. Hot. God. Hamnamna.... Gaahh.

God Katniss, stop it!

"Katniss!" I hear Haymitch call from downstairs.

Ugh... What the hell does he want now?

"What?" I yell annoyed.

Peeta keeps himself from laughter.

"Can you come down here?"

I sigh. Hopefully he has swallowed his own head.

"I'll be right down!" I yell.

But before I walk out I take Peetas hand and smile at him. He smiles back and we start walking out of my room.

We walk down the stairs. But stops and I almost trip.

Effie stands there. Looking up at us, beside Haymitch, along with Plutarch and Caesar Flickerman. And a camera. Pointing right at me and Peeta.

"So are the star-crossed lovers back together? Find out tomorrow!" Caesar says staring in front of the camera, before the camera man turns it off.

What the hell is happening? What is this?

I let go of Peetas hand, and feel the heat on my face. I don't even dare to look Peeta in his eyes right now.

Why the hell did Caesar have to say that?

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋801✒️
Hey you guys, I hope you liked the chapter :)

Okay now I know that Katniss isn't this girly girl that thinks those things, but come one guys, she's only nineteen after all and every teenager must have those thoughts about guys sometimes, right? ;)

Please tell me what you thought, that would make me really happy, I would love to know what you thought :)

Vote and comment please, that would make my day better :)

-Josephine xx