Chapter 8: Thoughts

Chapter 8

-Willow-

"Wait! Hold up!" Rye shouts and I stop reading.

"What?" I ask frustrated, I wanna continue reading, I wanna know more about Mama and Papas lives.

"Mama had blue hair?" He asks.

I look down at the page again.

"The towel falls off, and reality returns. It is true. My hair is blue", I read and laugh. "Yeah she did, thanks to Aunt Effie".

Everyone starts laughing at the thought of Mama with blue hair.

"Papa called Mama a mutt", Sunny mumbles, as she strokes her baby bump, and I frown.

"Yeah but Sunny, we already knew that, I mean Mama and Papa did tell us that he used to do that in the beginning when he got his flashbacks", I say comforting. "But he never meant any of that, didn't you hear when I read that?"

I turn back the pages until I come across the right one.

"Peeta is not himself. I gotta remember that. I really need to remember that now. Peeta can't help this", I read out. "And then Uncle Plutarch told her that as well; "Katniss don't listen to him", Plutarch whispers to me. "He's just having one of his flashbacks, he doesn't know what's he's saying".

Sunny nods. But a tear falls down her cheek.

"I just feel so bad for them, I mean after everything they went through, they still had to face another challenge, but they aren't together here", she says.

"No but they will be, I mean otherwise we wouldn't be sitting here right now Sunny", I remind her.

"Yeah, yeah of course", she says. "But it seems like Mama hated Grandpa Haymitch".

And to that I really can't say anything about, because it really does seem like it. Of course they get along later, but still, Mama really didn't like Grandpa back then, and also we get to know about the time when he drank.

"Yeah, what did Mama say that she would do with his head, again?" Rye asks laughing.

I turn the pages, keeping a finger where we are in the book. And then I find the page Rye was talking about.

"Haymitch, if you're messing with me, by bringing him up, I'm gonna make you're head fit in that bottle, trust me!" I growl at him", I read and everyone laughs again.

I know that Mama was really upset when she said that, but it really do sound funny, I mean, how was she suppose to make Grandpas head fit in a bottle?

"But keep on reading Will, this really is interesting reading", Hunter says, and he says it seriously, so he must really mean it.

"Okay", I say and turn back to where my finger is. "Chapter 7".
and so I start reading again.

***

-Katniss-

I'm really upset with Effie. I'm so upset that I won't even talk to her. Even if it's six in the morning and we're on the train on our way to the Capitol, I won't even look at Effie. I'm that upset with her. But she seems to be ashamed, and that starts to give me feelings of guilt. She says she didn't mean to make my hair blue.

"It's not that bad Katniss", Peeta assures me, and I give him the evil eye. "It's really not, you're pretty in blue".

I feel my cheeks heat up when I start to blush.

"No I'm not!" I say. "This is awful!"

"But your assistants maybe can bring your old hair colour back", Peeta says. "I mean they can succeed with a lot of things".

They really can. But I don't know if they will be able to fix this.

"Yeah maybe", I mumble.

But I can't concentrate on anything right now. The only thing I can focus on is the fact that Peeta called me pretty. Does he still like me ... I mean, is he still in love with me? Am I still in love with him?

When the train stops, Plutarch tells us to wait in the train for a few minutes, until he comes to get us.

And when he does, I can't see any people or cameras. Did they clear the whole area? I really don't know, I just know that I'm happy that it isn't people here, I mean it's frustrating and I really don't want anyone to see me with blue hair, I really don't. But just to be sure... I take the cardigan off me and wrap it around my hair to cover up everything blue.

Peeta chuckles and I just smile.

We get into a car and quickly get transported to Paylor's resident, where he greets us.

"I'm so glad you could come", he bursts happily and I snort.

"Yeah, not that you gave us any choice, but you are welcome", I say.

"Why do you have a cardigan around your hair Katniss?" Paylor asks me.

"Don't ask", Peeta chuckles, and I'm glad, because I find no pleasure in telling the President of Panem about my blue hair.

Haymitch laughs evilly behind me, but I just shake it off. I shouldn't have done that though, because if I hadn't, I would maybe have been prepared for what he does next.

He grips my cardigan and pulls it off my head.

"Haymitch!" I growl, snatch back the cardigan and wrap it around my hair again.

But the damage was already done. Paylor saw my hair.

He gasps.

"Katniss, what happened to you hair?" He asks, horrified.

"Effie happened!" I say and walk behind him and into the house.

The others fallows me, chuckling.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋931✒️
Haha okay you guys, how did you like the chapter?

Please tell me.

Vote and comment to  make my day happier :)

-Josephine xx