Chapter 30: More thoughts

Chapter 30

-Willow-

Oh my god! The part when Buttercup died, made me start crying. That was just so sad. And knowing my Mama was devastated makes me cry even more, because I've never been able to handle it when Mama cried.

I look around. Almost everyone are crying too. That part was really intense. It really was.

Hunter frowns. I don't think it's about the part with Buttercup. It has to be about the part with Uncle Gale.

I have to admit, it's a bit weird that Papa and Uncle Gale didn't like each other very much. I mean in our reality, they were best friends. But now they're telling us that it hasn't always been that way. What? I mean, Uncle Gale didn't even live in 12. Or he did at first, but than he moved to 2, and than he obviously moved back. But ... We already knew that. I mean they did tell us that Hunter was born in 2 and they moved to 12 when he as one year old. But now we know that Uncle Gale came back with Aunt Julie and Hunter and not alone before that.

"Honey you okay?" I ask, rubbing Hunters back as I lean my cheek onto Hunters arm.

"Yeah ... It just ... It feels weird to see my father in a different way", Hunter says.

"Than don't", Rye says, rubbing Katie's back.

They're still the best of friends. I swear, nothing can break them apart. And I mean nothing.

"Yeah, don't, he's still the same, I mean come on they were young, and we already knew that he lived in 2, you were born in 2 Hunter, Uncle Gale is still the same", I say. "I don't see him in any other way, and neither should you and Katie".

"Yeah, I agree", Rye says. "I mean, come on you guys, he's still your father, and nothing can ever change that he and our Papa had a big, big, BIG bromance, they loved each other, so whatever happened, clearly worked out, before you could even talk Hunter".

Hunter starts to laugh. But it's true. Papa and Uncle Gale really had a big bromance. And they were so cute.

"Was I the only one, noticing that Finn was a fat baby?" Cassidy asks and glances teasingly at Finn.

"I actually met Buttercup", Finn says proudly.

"Yeah and you used to torture him as well", Rye agrees and nods.

"Hey! What do you expect from a one year old?!" Finn defends himself.

Everyone starts to laugh.

"And appearently you loved Buttercup as well, and got sad when you understood that everything wasn't okay", I say.

"Well I was a smart kid, and I do love animals", Finn says proudly.

"Don't flatter yourself, daddy!" Primrose laughs.

Finn laughs and embraces Primrose and kisses her temple.

"But I wanna hear some more now", Peeta Jr, says. He sits behind Hunter, but now he paste himself onto Hunters back and peeks out behind his shoulder and onto the book. "Read more daddy, this is really good, it's the best book we've ever read!"

I smile at my beautiful boy. He looks like Hunter, but he has my eyes, and therefor he has his grandfathers eyes, which matches his name.

I stroke P.J's hair and he looks at me and smiles.

"It is, right mumma?" He asks.

"Yeah", I smile.

"P.J are you really going to cling onto my back like that?" Hunter laughs.

"Oh yeah I am, I've got a better view over the book from here", P.J says, causing everyone to laugh, and P.J hugs Hunters back.

Hunter starts to read chapter 30 of the book.

-Katniss-

I miss Buttercup so much. And Stella doesn't make it any better with her questions.

"Where is Buttercup? I want to play with him, where is he? I want Buttercup", she says.

At the end I can't take it anymore.

"Stella ... Buttercup died", I say.

Stella's eyes widen and is filled with tears.

Oh no. Now I made her sad. I mean ... Of course she's sad, she really loved that cat.

Now her tears spill and she starts to cry.

"Oh sweetie, come here", I say, opening my arms to her.

She walks up to me and sits down in my lap, and I lock my arms around her.

"That's life you know", I whisper.

"How did he die?" She cries.

"He got bitten by a snake", I tell her and she sobs even more and buries her face into my chest.

"I want him back, I don't want him to be dead", she sobs.

"Neither do I Stella, but we gotta get through it, Buttercup is in a better place now, we just have to remember that", I say.

Someone clear his throat.

I turn my head and sees Peeta stand there with Greasy Sae.

They looks sadly at us with sad smiles.

"Grandma!" Stella shouts, jumps out of my arms and runs up to Sae. "Grandma! Buttercup is dead, he's dead!"

"I know sweetie", Sae says, stroking Stella's golden hair. "But that's life, you just have to learn to live with it, we all need to do that".

"I wanna go home", Stella cries.

"Yeah come on honey", Sae says. "Bye Katniss, bye Peeta".

"Bye Sae", we shout I'm chorus.

Peeta walks up to me and embraces me.

"You okay?" Peeta asks carefully.

"No", I mutter. "Buttercup was the only thing I had left from ... Her, and now I have nothing, besides, I really did love him".

"It's going to get better babe", Peeta says.

"Yes at least I have you in my life", I say, hugging Peeta back.

"Awnd MEEEE!" I hear a cute toddler voice yell from behind us.

We turn around and sees Finn in Annie's arms.

"And me", Annie smiles.

I smile at them and Annie comes up to us where I embrace them and Peeta embraces us all.

Peetas right. I'm gonna get through this.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋996✒️

Hey, did you guys like this chapter?

I hope you liked it :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you thought of this chapter :)

-Josephine xx