Chapter 21: Won't be a part

Chapter 21

-Katniss-

I'm trying not to panic. But that's not the most easiest thing I can tell you. I don't think that even Annie really knows what to do, because she just stands there.

But soon Annie screams out in pain.

Peeta is the first to react.

"We have to get you to the hospital", he says.

The hospital is new built. They build hospitals in every district after the rebellion, and that's a really good thing, especially now.

Peeta and I hurry to Haymitch with Annie and together we hurry to the hospital.

But Annie is in too much pain to take a step.

"OW IT HURTS TOO MUCH, I'M GONNA GIVE BIRTH TO THE DAMN KID RIGHT HERE!" She roars.

"No you're not, hang in there Annie", Haymitch says as he carries here up.

Wow. I don't think I've ever realized how strong Haymitch is. But now when he's carrying up a very pregnant Annie. I think I'm starting to understand.

"OW OW OW OWWWW!" Annie screams.

We rush inside the hospital with the screaming Annie and people are looking at us. But some nurses seem to understand what's going on and comes up to us with a wheel chair. Haymitch puts Annie down in the wheel chair and they start to roll her away.

"No wait stop!" Annie shouts and they do. "I need Katniss with me".

I'm frozen to the ground. Annie wants me with her? In the room, when she gives birth? She really wants me?

Peeta starts to push me forward until I wake up and rush up to Annie's side and take her hand.

"Don't leave me Katniss", Annie begs as they start to roll her and I run beside still with her hand in mine.

"I won't", I promise her.

They roll her into a room and examine her.

"You're only 3 cm, you can't give birth now, but we can't let you go home either", the doctor says. "It can go slow and it can go fast, but you need to be here".

Annie nods and leans down in the bed.

I sit down I'm the chair beside her bed.

Annie starts to cry.

"He should be here", she cries.

I know directly that she mean Finnick. And I agree. He's the one who should be sitting in this chair. He's the one who should be holding Annie's hand. He's the one who should witness his sons birth. But he can't. He's dead. He will never ever see his son. He won't. And his son won't ever see his father other than on photos.

"I know sweetie", I say to her. "But you and me, Peeta and Haymitch will make sure that your son knows exactly why he's not".

Annie nods.

"Yeah we are", she says. "He needs to know why he's father won't be a part of his life".

It breaks my heart when I hear Annie say that. But she's right. Finnicks won't ever be a part of his sons life. And I know that he would want to. It's really sad and heart breaking that he can't and that he's son won't meet him. He was weird but he was the best.

I nod.

Annie screams out in pain again. Another contraction.

"Oh god I can't much longer, I just can't", she says,

"Yes you can Annie, because you're strong", I say. "You are. You have gone through much worse things than this, you can do this".

Annie nods and leans back in the bed.

A few hours later the doctor comes into the room again.

She tells us that Annie is now 8 cm and that this has gone really fast. Soon, maybe in one or two hours she's going to be ready to push.

"You're doing really great Annie", I tell her. "You're almost there, almost".

She nods and screams out in pain again.

"It hurts Katniss", she says low.

"I know, just hold out", I tell her.

But I don't know. I really don't. I don't know how much this hurts, and I won't ever, because I don't want any children, I just hope that Peeta doesn't get too upset by that. I know that he loves children. He really does, he told me so. And he said that he'd love to be a father some day. I just couldn't tell him that I don't want any children. I don't know how to tell him that. He's gonna hate me. And I don't want that.

But this is just another good example to why he deserves someone better, someone who both love him and wants children. I just do one of those things. I love Peeta with all my heart, but I don't want any children.

The doctor comes in again.

"Okay Annie, you ready to be a mother?" He asks. "Because you're ready to give birth now".

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋815✒️

Okay, so Annie is going to be a mother :O

FINN IS GOING TO BE BORN!! Who of you have been wanting Finn to be born, for the last 20 chapters? I know that I wanted that, and now it's happening :D

Please vote and comment what you thought about this chapter, I really want to know :D

-Josephine xx