Chapter 53: Guess what

Chapter 53

-Stella-

I'm in my room, trying to find a beautiful dress I can wear. But I don't find anything.

God how frustrating.

I wanna look beautiful or at least, pretty for our date. I don't wanna look like I do everyday. In some shorts and a tank top. I wanna have a beautiful dress.

The door to my room opens and mom comes inside.

She's carrying a beautiful dress in her hands.

"I thought you could have this, it doesn't fit me anymore, I had it a long time ago", she says. "I thought that you can maybe wear this tonight if you don't find anything else".

I look closer at the dress.

The dress is red. It's lighter on the top of the dress and it goes darker and darker until it's gets dark red at the bottom. It's strapless and so beautiful.

How can she give this to me?

"Are you sure?" I gasp, looking even closer at the dress.

I've always loved dresses, ever since I was a kid. I still have that golden dress mom and dad got me when I was twelve, I'm gonna give it to my first born daughter.

I just can't throw it away. It's way too beautiful.

"Of course, I want you to have it", mom says.

"But don't you want to give it to ... You know ... Maybe your real daughter?" I ask with a lump I'm my throat.

It kills me to say that. But I can't deny that it's true.

I'm not mom and dad's biological daughter. I'm adopted. But it feels only right to be their daughter.

"You are my real daughter", mom says, putting the dress on my bed. "You are, it's just..."

"... That I'm not your biological daughter", I interrupt.

"None of that matters, genes doesn't decide", mom says, wrapping her arms around me.

I bury my face into moms shirt and smell it. I love her smell. She smells so good. And she smells safety.

"I love you so much", I whimper, not letting the tears flow.

"Oh honey I love you too so much", mom whispers, and kisses my head.

We just stand here. Hugging each other, until we hear the door open and close.

"Hello? Anybody home?" We hear the familiar voice of dad.

"We're up here", mom shouts.

We hear loud but soft steps, walking up the stairs.

The door opens some more and dad comes inside.

He looks at us, and than at the dress. He looks suspiciously at us.

"What's with the dress?" He asks with raised eyebrows.

I look at mom. Telling her was easy ... Telling my dad ... Not too easy.

Mom seems to sense my hesitation.

"Should you tell him, or should I tell him?" She asks.

"Tell me what?" Dad asks.

"Um... I can do it, that's better", I say.

Mom chuckles.

She knows I'm right about that.

"Dad ... The thing is ... I kind of have a..." I get lost in my words. "Um ... I kind of have a date, tonight ... With Marcus".

Dad doesn't say anything. He says nothing. He only looks at me.

I think he stopped breathing.

Mom starts to laugh.

"Peeta stop being such a drama queen and breathe", she laughs.

Dad takes a breath.

"Excuse me?" He asks.

"You heard what she said", mom says, laughing.

"I did, but..."

Mom interrupts him.

"We don't care if you don't want to, she's going on a date with Marcus and you simply have to accept the situation", she says.

Mom is always winning over dad in these kinds of arguments, and he always end up agreeing with her or giving in.

Dad is a softie, and I love that about him.

I do hope I get a sibling real soon. I can tell that mom is starting to feel like she's ready, even though dad can't.

"So you're going on a date with him tonight?" Dad asks.

"Yes", I say exited. "And look, mom gave me this incredibly beautiful dress".

Dad sighs. But then he starts to smile.

"Well I'm happy for you sweetheart, so happy, I know how much you like this kid", dad says.

I hug him.

"Oh thank you dad", I say.

It means a lot to me that dad is okay with this.

I hope that this date goes well.

I like Marcus so much, and maybe, one day, he'll be my boyfriend.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋735✒️

Hey guys, it was something knew to read from Stella's pov. But this was the one and only, just so you know :)

What did you think about it though?

Please tell me, I really want to know :)

Please vote and comment to tell me :)

-Josephine xx