Chapter 23: Screaming

Chapter 23

-Peeta-

Haymitch and I hear Annie's screams from inside the room. We're sitting outside, waiting. And we hear her.

"OWWW!"

God. How high is she screaming? Oh her throat must be bleeding. Not that I think she cares, when she bleeds somewhere else right now.

"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING, ASSHOLE?!" We hear Annie roar.

Hah! The doctor must really have made her angry. I know that Annie is in pain now and isn't really trying to be funny. But she kind of is. And I feel terrible for thinking that. And it's good that she doesn't know what I think right know, because she might have roar something like that to me as well.

"God, that girl can scream", Haymitch says horrified.

And we hear her roar again.

"I CAN'T! I JUST CAN'T HE'S TO BIG, I'M NEVER GONNA GET HIM OUT!" Annie roars.

"How big is the kid anyway?" I ask.

Haymitch shrugs.

"But I don't think he is that big, I mean sure, big or not big, it can't be pleasant to get the kid out either, but she maybe overreacts because of the pain", he says.

Yeah maybe so.

I really want kids. But after this Katniss may not ever agree on that. I mean I kind of know that she doesn't want kids. But if she had a chance to change her mind, I'm sure that she has changed her mind back, after being in there with Annie.

I really want to be a father. I've always wanted that. But if Katniss doesn't want to I'm not gonna pressure her, maybe beg a little, but not pressure. Katniss is my dream, children would just be a bonus. A every big bonus.

I get snapped out of my thoughts when we hear Annie roar again.

"I FUCKING CAN'T!" She roars. "HOW BIG IS THIS KID?!"

Wow. They must have said something stupid to her. Oh poor Annie. You can clearly hear how much pain she's in. But I kind of start to wonder how big the kid is myself. I mean it's been a while ago since she first started to scream. When is she going to get that kid out?

"It's like they're trying to kill her", Haymitch says horrified. "Well at least she makes it sounds like that".

"Well you try to press a kid out of your vagina", I snap.

"No can do, boy", Haymitch chuckles nervously. "I don't really have a vagina, and neither do you, if you don't have a secret to tell me, that is..."

He looks at he and winks.

I roll my eyes, but I chuckle as well, though I stop as soon as I hear poor Annie again.

"YOU'RE NOT THE ONE TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN OR CAN'T DO, ASSHOLE!" Annie roars.

What did the doctor say? I guess he told her to push, but I don't really know. I'm not in there. But Katniss is. I really wonder how Katniss can manage in there. It can't be easy.

When is the kid coming? I mean god, how long time is it going to take? How big is he? Is it normal to take this long?

Now I'm confident that Katniss doesn't want children. She must really be scared to death right now.

The screaming stops. That's when we hear a low and faint scream from a baby.

He's here.

I only imagine how the people inside that room are looking right now. Sweaty, pale and tired, but with smiles on their faces looking at the newborn baby.

After a few more minutes, like fifteen the door opens and the doctor comes out.

He smiles and nods at us.

Haymitch and I look at each other and smiles. We pat each other's backs before standing up and walking inside the room.

Annie is lying in the bed. She's really pale and it looks like she's going to fall asleep any second. But she smiles big at the bundle she has in her arms. The bundle looks a bit big, so the baby boy maybe is a bit bigger than newborns usually are.

Annie give the bundle to Katniss.

"Hey you guys", Annie says in a hoarse voice.

Well of course. She's been screaming her throat off. Of course she's hoarse in her voice.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask.

Annie laughs low.

"Well... Tired", she says.

"We understand, by the way, we could hear you roar all the way out", Haymitch chuckles, taking her hand.

"Oh, I'm sorry", she says, her eyelids is fluttering.

"Please Annie sleep", I say.

She nods and yawn. Then she's out like a light.

Katniss is standing and rocking the bundle, while she's humming to the baby.

I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist from her back. I look at the baby from behind her shoulder.

I gasp.

"I know", Katniss says and then continue humming.

I look at my godson, and see Finnick Odair.

"What's his name?" Haymitch asks. He stands beside Katniss, looking at the baby as well.

"Finn", Katniss answers. "Annie wanted a shorter name from Finnick".

It suits him. It really does.

I kiss Katniss cheek and she leans her head against mine.

Our godson. Finn Odair.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋883✒️

Hey you guys, I hope that you liked this chapter  :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you guys thinks.

It's not many of you who are commenting, but I really wish that you would, so I now what you think of this :)

I really want to know your thoughts :)

-Josephine xx