Chapter 33: Silly Katniss

Chapter 33

-Peeta-

Katniss seems really stressed out. I don't know why though. I mean she doesn't have to be stressed to be honest, what is stressing her? I really wish I knew, so I can help her. But she won't spill anything to me either.

I hear her talk to someone in the phone.

"So he's coming?" She asks. "Okay good, tell him I'm really grateful, it's going to be so much fun to meet him, I really miss him a lot. Okay bye".

Who did she speak with? That seemed odd. I mean why didn't she just talk to the person, she wanted to talk with? Why did she ask someone else to tell someone something? Wait what? Oh god, even my own thoughts confuses me. Oh I'm having a melt down in my brain right now.

"Hey Katniss", I say, walking inside the living room.

"Oh hey Peeta", she says.

"Who was that in the phone?" I ask, wrapping my arms around Katniss waist, pulling her close to me.

"Plutarch assistant", she says.

Hah! It's a bit funny actually. I mean, Plutarch is Paylor's assistant, and Plutarch has an assistant of his own.

"Why didn't you talk to him?" I ask, frowning.

Katniss shrugs.

"He was busy", she says. "Are you going to work?"

"Yeah, I was just going to tell you I'm leaving", I say.

Katniss frowns and gets something sad in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, stroking her cheek.

"I don't like it when you say that word", she says low.

What? Leaving?

"Leaving?" I ask.

"Yeah that word, I can't deal with that word", she says. "I'm too afraid that it's gonna happen some day".

Oh now I get it.

Katniss is afraid that I will leave her again, in one way or another.

"I'm never gonna do that, not in any way", I assure her. "I'm just going down to the bakery, like I do every days, but Sundays".

The bakery is opened all days in the weeks. But on Saturdays we have it only opened half days, and on Sundays were completely closed. I need so rest as well.

"Do you have to stay away so long today? Can't you close up early?" She asks, looking at me with puppy eyes.

Oh no. I gotta look away. I can't deal with her puppy eyes. I can't say no to her when she gives me that look.

But it's to late.

I sigh.

"I have this big order to a birthday, a huge cake", I say. "But as soon as I'm finished, I clean up the bakery and try to come home".

Katniss smiles that beautiful smile of hers.

"Yey, you're the best Peeta", she exclaims, kissing my cheek.

"So I only get a kiss on the cheek?" I ask, sounding hurt.

"You'll get more when you come home", Katniss says, slyly and pulls away from me.

She walks up to the front door and opens it.

"But you need to go now, if you go now, you can start on the cake, and you can finish it and come home", she says, and I laugh. "So off you go!"

"Okay, I understand, you wanna get rid of me, I understand, I completely understand", I say, sounding hurt, to tease with her.

I walk out of the door.

"No Peeta, stop!" I hear Katniss shout. But I keep on walking. "Peeta I didn't mean it that way, please stop".

"No I completely understand, I'm not gonna be in your way anymore", I shout to her.

But I hear running steps behind me.

I turn around and see Katniss come running towards me, barefoot.

I pick her up when she comes up to me, and she locks her legs around my waist.

"Don't ever say that again", she says, hugging me. "You really scared me!"

"Oh I'm sorry baby, I was just kidding", I chuckle, as I stroke her hair.

"Well it wasn't funny, I'm always going to want you and you can't ever be in my way", she says.

"I'm not gonna do that again", I say, smelling her hair. It smells so good.

I remember when Katniss hair was blue. She was really freaked out. But her assistant managed to fix it, well get the blue off, Katniss hair color wasn't completely back. But now it is.

"No you're not", she says.

She looks at me, and crashes her lips onto mine. She kisses me wildly. And because I'm a guy, I follow her example and kisses her wildly back. So we kinda end up in a small make out session.

She pulls away and jumps down from my arms.

"What was that for?" I ask, sounding like someone beat me with a stone in the back if my head.

"I wanted to make sure you know that you have something to come home to", Katniss says.

I smile.

"I always have", I say.

Katniss smiles. A happy, but goofy smile at the same time.

"Bye, Mr. Mellark, have a good day", Katniss says, teasingly as she turns around and runs back to our house.

I see how she runs inside the house and the doors shuts close.

I smile to myself. My goofy Katniss.

It's crazy how much I love that girl, I think to myself as I start to walk out of the Victor's Village, and towards the bakery.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋906✒️

Hahaha awww

What did you guys think? Did you like it? Did you hate it?

Please tell me what you thought if it :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you guys thought please :)

-Josephine xx