Chapter 7: What Effie did

Chapter 7

-Katniss-

Effie shoves me upstairs and into my bathroom. She wants me to take a bath, because we're leaving very early tomorrow morning.

Effie prepares my bath.

"I'm gonna use my own products, okay? You're gonna smell so good afterwards", Effie sings as she pours bath foam in the bathtub.

"I don't know Effie..." I say doubtful, I just have the feeling that this isn't going to end well, I mean who knows what's in Effie's own products!

"Oh don't be silly Katniss", Effie says, starting to get offended, I can sense that, so to avoid exactly that, I sigh and get into the bath.

The warm water surrounds my body, and all my muscles starts to relax. This was actually really nice. Maybe my doubt about this was all waste of time.

I dip my head in the water before returning up to breathe.

Effie directly pours some shampoo in my hair and starts to massage it into my hair. This is really nice.

"Thank you for this Effie, this is actually really nice", I say relaxed.

"You're so very welcome Katniss", Effie says and I can hear the proud undertone of her voice, and laughs inside of myself.

Effie pours water over my head and the shampoo slowly washes off. And all too early Effie tells me that I'm done.

I sigh as I grab a towel and wrap it around my body.

Effie makes me sit on the toilet lid as she starts to brush my hair. And than she pours something else in my hair and when she's done my hair is really soft and silky.

"Thanks Effie", I say as I look in the mirror. "This was really nice of... Wait a minute... Is my hair getting brighter?"

"No... Yes! But that's nothing to worry about Katniss. I promise", Effie says and I just shrug my thoughts away.

"Okay", I smile.

I walk out to my room to put on some underwear, panties and a bra. But I keep the towel wrapped around me. It's so soft and cozy that I don't want to take it off, besides I'm in my home, so I can do whatever I want.

Effie comes out after collecting all her things.

"Are you going back down like that Katniss?" She ask as she stops walking to look at me.

"Yeah, it's not like I'm going naked, I have this towel you know", I say.

Effie just shrug, but than I can see her giving me a look, she loos worried and she frowns.

"Look, if I want to wear the towel still, I can do so", I say and walk out of the room.

When I come downstairs, Peeta and Haymitch looks at me with wide eyes.

"I can have the towel if I want to!" I say.

"It's not that ... Have ... Have you done something with ... Um..." Peeta doesn't seem to know how to ask the question.

"With what?" I ask.

"With your hair sweetheart!" Haymitch laughs.

Wait what. I turn around facing the mirror behind me. My hair is blone. Like Peetas hair.

"Effie!" I growl. So that's why she frowned earlier, not because of my towel, but because of my hair.

"I'm so sorry Katniss", she beeps.

Haymitch just keeps laughing and Peeta just looks sorry for my sake.

"Too late!" I shout and run into the kitchen.

Oh my god my hair. What am I gonna do now?! Oh god.

I start walking back and forth before I stop to look me I'm the mirror again. And this time it feels like I'm gonna faint.

I scream a deaf hearing scream. It's so high pitched that even my ears starts to bleed, but I don't care. I just keep on screaming, I even scream louder. I'm sure that the whole District hears my scream, but I really don't care.

I stop screaming and Effie, Haymitch, Plutarch and Peeta comes running inside the kitchen.

When I see them I scream again.

"MY HAIR IS BLUE! IT'S BLUE EFFIE. BLUE", I roar.

Effie slaps her hand to cover her mouth and I just wanna slap her so hard that she flies back to the Capitol.

"MY HAIR IS BLUE!"

Haymitch eyes are really big and now he falls down on the floor, laughing. I glare at him. How dare he laugh at this? This isn't funny.

Peeta seems to have a hard time to control his own laughter.

"Don't even dare to laugh Peeta", I say angry.

"It's not that bad Katniss", Peeta says, smiling.

"Are you kidding? My hair is BLUE!" I shout.

"But it suites you", Plutarch says and I give him the evil eye and he shuts right up.

Plutarch starts to drag Haymitch out of the room.

Peeta start to chuckle, and I know that it's about my hair.

I can't stand this!

I rip the towel off me and wrap it around my head, hiding my blue hair.

Peeta stops chuckling.

"I told you not to laugh", I say hurt to Peeta and he frowns.

"Oh I'm so sorry Katniss", he says walking up to me.

He pulls me into a hug. And now I'm very aware of the fact that I'm only in my panties and bra.

Not good.

Peeta pulls away, he keeps looking me into my face. He must have much respect for me, because his not looking at my body, and I'm thankful for that. I quickly run out of the kitchen and up to my room to get dressed.

I keep the towel around my hair.

My hair is blue, and I'm having an interview tomorrow, which everyone in Panem are going to watch. Great. The whole country is going to see my humiliation.

Oh this is not happening. Please someone, tell me that this is not happening.

Maybe it's not. Maybe it's black again, maybe it's black under the towel.

The towel falls off, and reality returns. It is true. My hair is blue.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋1002✒️
Hey guys, I hope you liked the chapter :D

What did you think about it? I really hope you can tell me that, because that would be great ;)

Please vote and comment to tell me and I will be so happy :)

-Josephine xx