Chapter 16: How do they do it?

Chapter 16

-Peeta-

Katniss said she loves me. I can't believe it. She really said she loves me. Not even in my wildest dreams, I could ever imagine her saying that to me.

I still have her up in my arms. But I hear a strange click sound. I turn my head and see people with cameras.

Katniss hasn't seen them yet, so I quickly walk with her back to her house.

I sit down in the sofa with her still in my arms, so I put her in my lap and she cuddles deeper into my embrace.

"Don't ever leave me again Peeta", she begs as she looks me deep in the eyes.

"Not as long as I live, I might not even after I'm dead", I say.

"I love you", she says.

I smile like a fool. I just can't help myself. This is the first time I've heard her say it. And I've waited ever since I was five. And now I'm nineteen. I've loved her for fourteen years. Wow. That's a long time. And now she finally loves me back. I can never ever explain my feelings right about this.

"I love you too, Katniss", I say, leaning my forehead against hers, and brush my lips lightly over hers. "Always have, always will".

Katniss kisses me and I forget time and space. Her lips are warm and soft. They taste salty because of her tears.

I'm surprised when Katniss tongue enters my mouth and our tongues begins to wrestle.

I put Katniss down in the sofa and I lean over her, with my hands on the sofa, carefully not to put all my body weight over her, as the kiss becomes more intense and more wild, yet it stays passionate and loving.

When I manage to tackle Katniss tongue, I put it back in her mouth and sticks mine into hers as well and she moans. I smile to myself. I'm the one making her moan. Me and no one else.

I become warm in my whole body. I love this girl so much it hurts. It really hurts at the thought of how much I love Katniss. I never thought I could get her for real. Before... Yeah we were together, but not for real. It was all an act. I wanted it to be real. I did. But I didn't think Katniss did. And maybe she didn't at that point, but now she does, and now it's real. This isn't an act anymore. It can't be, because that wouldn't make any sense. There isn't any cameras here. There is no one to act around here. This is real.

Katniss continues to moan as the kiss becomes even more wild, but that's when I hear someone clear his throat, somewhere far away and I slowly begin to return to reality.

I hear someone clear his throat again and now it's much more clear, so I pull away from Katniss and sit up in the sofa, only to see Haymitch stand only a few centimetres away from us. He stands there and smiles like he's the biggest fool I've ever seen.

"So the star-crossed lovers are back together?" He asks with a teasingly voice.

"No", Katniss says and my jaw drops. Did she lie to me? "We were never together before Haymitch, it was all an act, this time it's real".

She didn't lie. She really does love me. She also thinks it's real this time. Have I told you how much I love this girl? Because I do.

"Oh stop it you, you make me cry", Haymitch says and wipes his thumb under his eye, even though he doesn't even cry. He just teases us.

"Oh grow up Haymitch!" I snap at him.

Katniss phone rings.

She take it and answer.

"Hello? Felice, hey. What? I can't hear you... Stop screaming! What are you trying to say?"

Katniss looks at me.

"Peeta can you turn on the TV?" She whispers to me and I nod. Katniss starts to talk in the phone again. "Yeah, we're turning it on right now, can I call you back? Okay good. Bye".

The front door slams open and Annie rushes inside the fastest she can with her big, big belly.

"Turn on the TV!" She shouts. "The news quickly!"

God what is it?

I switch the channel and the news channel comes up on the screen.

Annie jumps down into the sofa beside Katniss.

I see a few pictures on the screen. On me and Katniss. God how fast does these people work? How the hell can they show this pictures now? We were outside like half an hour ago.

"...and with these pictures we can undoubtedly tell the people of Panem that the star-crossed lovers are in fact, back together!" I hear a voice say and I hit my forehead with my palm. We're together for what...? A half an hour? And the whole country already knows about it?!

I feel that Katniss has started to shake.

I wrap my arms around her and she leans her head on my chest.

"Ignore them", I whisper in her ear. "Just ignore them, they're not worth it".

"But they're totally respectless!" Katniss spits out.

"Yeah, but then you need to show that you're the better person, because I know you are", I whisper.

Katniss stops shaking. She looks up at me.

"Have I told you, I love you?" She asks.

I smile.

"Yeah, you finally did", I say.

"Well, I can say it more times", she shrugs. "I love you".

I chuckle. Oh Katniss is so adorable and wonderful, and cute and soooo sweet.

"I love you too".

"Yuck, I'm just gonna go and vomit, excuse me", Haymitch teases and disappears inside the kitchen.

"Why don't you just go and flush your head in the toilet Haymitch?!"

It surprises me that it's Annie who shouts this to Haymitch. I had expected Katniss to react, but she didn't. In fact, I think that she's staring at my lips.

I smile and then give Katniss what she wants. But the kiss is just a short but sweet reminder that I won't ever leave her.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋1035✒️
Hey you guys, I hope you like the chapter :)

Please vote and comment to tell me the what you thought of the chapter :)

Please tell me because I really wanna know :D

-Josephine xx