Epilogue

Epilogue

-Willow-

Hunter closes the book.

We all sit still.

Stella was alive? Wait ... She's alive now?

Mama last sentence sounded as if she was happy again. Was she? She found out that Stella's was actually alive, so she must have been. Papa as well. They were all happy in the end.

"Stella...!" Finn suddenly says as if he's remembering something.

Everyone are still quiet but looks at him.

"What?" I ask.

Finn has a hollow look in his eyes.

"I-I remember h-her, her smell, her eyes, her voice, her touch, how she used to dance me around on the living room floor", Finn says. "I-I I remember how I felt when we found her ... Well her sister, I remember how I felt about her, how I looked up to her, how I loved her, her crushed I was when I though she was dead, how much I wished I was dead along with her, how Cassidy was the only one I wanted to talk to or even to touch me after I was... Well after I was kidnapped and yeah tortured".

Maybe this were Mama and Papa's way to tell Finn about Stella, when he's old enough, but they must have thought that he deserved to know, just as us.

Cassidy looks concerned. She puts her hand on Finn's neck and caress him.

Cassidy has been crying ever since we read about Finn being kidnapped and tortured. I won't lie, I did as well, I mean he's like my big brother and I love him.

"Aww baby, shh", she says. "It's okay, we can look her up, try to find her".

Yeah. Yeah actually we could. I guess she's still here, well not in the district maybe. But in another district, or maybe the Capitol.

We should look her up. We have the right to meet her, I mean she's our sister, our family, no matter her name, she's a Mellark. She always will be, so we have the right to meet her. I want to meet her.

"Hey look!" Hunter says and takes something out of the book. "It's the letter".

I take it and read. Yeah it is the letter and ... Oh wow, she wrote beautifully. Maybe not as beautiful as Rye, but he's an artist, so that doesn't count.

So this is all real? This is real. We have another sister. I have a big sister. And she's twenty years older then me. So then she must be 53 years. Hm... Were is she though?

Rye and Sunny don't know what to say or do, and neither do I. I mean seriously, at first we thought she was dead now we find out that she's really alive.

Mama and Papa never told us that. And now we know why. Because Stella asked them not to tell anyone, and I think that they thought they owed her that much, so they just kept their mouth shut about it.

***

Three days after we finished the book, Sunny is released from the hospital.

We all are in Mama and Papas house, finally finishing what we were suppose to when we found the book. Cleaning out the house.

It's hard to concentrate on anything else when you only have the book and Stella in your mind.

Finn is really upset with himself. He's angry because of the fact that he made himself forget about Stella. He says that he don't understand how he could do that.

P.J on the other hand is happy again. Because it turned out that Stella is not dead. He's not depressed anymore, and he hope to meet Stella. We all do to be exact, and especially Finn does, because he's the only one who remembers Stella, he was the only one living when she lived here, or well, Cassidy did as well, but she was a young toddler, she don't remember anything of course.