Chapter 1: I'm o-kay

Chapter 1

-Katniss-

"Stop calling me! Please!"

"Katniss it's my job to call you", Doctor Aurelius remainds me. "I'm your doctor, remember?"

"Like I didn't know", I snap at him.

"Well then you should pick up when I call you!" Doctor Aurelius says, and I can hear that he tries to keep his anger away.

"Just stop this! I'm okay now, I am, I promise", I say.

"No you're not! Every time someone brings P ... Her up, you get a breakdown", Doctor Aurelius says.

"Goodbye!" I say.

"Don't you dare hang up on me Katni..." He says but it's too late. I hang up.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I shout and as I'm about to throw the phone right into the wall, it's not in my hand anymore.

I turn around and see Haymitch stand there with a bottle and my phone in his hands.

"Not a good idea sweetheart", Haymitch says. "You will need this phone".

"Why? Huh? Why do I need that stupid phone?" I shout angry. "So that my doctor can call me and see if I haven't killed myself yet?"

"But you won't kill yourself, sweetheart", Haymitch says.

How can he be so sure?

"And you know that how?" I ask him slyly.

"It's too easy, sweetheart", Haymitch says, like I would understand that.

"What?" I ask puzzled and collapse on my sofa.

Haymitch sits down on the coffee table right in front of me while I spread out in the whole sofa and sigh.

"I mean what I said; it would be to easy for you to kill yourself", Haymitch says. "And we both know that you can't deal with 'easy', right?"

I make a small laugh. Haymitch actually made me laugh for the first time now.

But he's right though, I don't like taking the easy way, I still don't like taking this painful way.

"So?" I say.

"Oh come, you know as well as I that you wouldn't kill yourself", Haymitch says.

"So why can't I destroy my stupid phone?" I ask.

"Because other people doesn't know that Katniss", Haymitch says rolling his eyes, like I'm thick headed ... Which I really think I am right now. "They don't know you like I do, okay, so you're gonna need that phone!"

I sigh defeated. I hate it when Haymitch is right. I just hate it, hate it, hate it. I don't like the thought of Haymitch being smart, because he kind of always defeat me when he is in a conversation, and I don't like it, I really don't.

"Just shut up!" I say.

The front door opens and Greasy Sae comes inside with her granddaughter. Her granddaughter is so cute. Her name is Stella, but the thing is that every kid right now reminds me of ... Her. The kids are growing, living and laughing ... And I know that ... She, will never be able to do that.

Stella runs up to me.

"Katniss, Katniss, Katniss, heey", she says happy.

I swallow down my tears and sits up.

Greasy Sae, Stella and Haymitch are the only once I let inside my life right now, well and Doctor Aurelius of course, but I'd rather keep him out. If I could, I would, but I can't. Greasy Sae cooks for me, sometimes she just sits and listens for me when I cry, but that's it. She always have Stella with her, and I gotta admit, it comforts me a bit to have Stella around, she's so full of life and she's so careless, and so sweet. Buttercup loves her, he even tolerates me nowadays. I tried to kick him out, but he just wouldn't go away, so I decided to keep him, and now I've learned to grow feelings for that stupid cat.

I pick up Stella in my lap.

"Hey you", I say.

She hugs me.

"Haymitch have you eaten yet?" Greasy Sea asks.

Yeah right. Haymitch, cook? Yeah, when goats fly.

I snort in a short laughter.

"Yeah right", I say.

"Shut up, sweetheart", Haymitch says, than turning to Sae. "No I haven't".

"Well then, I'll make you two something", Sae says walking towards the kitchen.

Buttercup comes sneaking inside the house.

"Buttercup!" Stella exclaims and jumps down from my lap and embraces Buttercup in a tight hug.

"Do you guys want something special?" Sae calls from the kitchen.

"How about a restart in life", I mutter.

Haymitch clears his throat and I give him the evil eye.

"No, just make something up, anything would be perfect, thanks Sae", I call back and then turns to Haymitch. "Better?"

"Much better", Haymitch says ironic.

I roll my eyes.

"Whatever", I say and lay back in the sofa.

I yawn and feel my eyes getting heavier, and before I know it my eyes completely shuts down and I fall asleep.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
🖋801✒️

Okay, so this was the first chapter :)

And I just wanna tell you guys, that the chapter here are the chapters that the kids reads I'm the book they found. So when you read chapter one, they do as well. Just so you know that :)

What did you guys think about this first chapter? I hope you liked it, I really do ;)

Please tell me what you thought, I really want to know what you thought about the chapter :)

Vote and comment please, I would be really glad if you would do that :D

-Josephine xx