Chapter 67: Hospital

Chapter 67

-Peeta-

"Peeta!"

I turn around and see Annie come running towards me.

"Hey have you found him?" I ask and pull her into a hug.

"No..." She cries. "No, I ran with Katniss, and then we ran into Haymitch, and then Katniss broke her hand, and the bone sticks out of her skin, it's disgusting".

"What?!" I ask panicking.

"Yeah but she refused to go to the hospital and then she ran away", Annie says. "Saying we should split up to find Finn. I have a feeling she's trying to get herself killed, Haymitch was angry with her and she looked so devastated when I found her". She starts crying even more. "What if we don't find him, what if he's ... What if he's dead", she cries.

I take Annie in my arms, and hug her. I don't know what to say to comfort her. I mean what am I gonna say? That everything is okay? That everything is going to be fine? That we of course are going to find him? Because that would be a lie. I don't know if we're gonna find Finn, or if he's fine. I hope he is, I really do. He's my godson, I love so hopelessly him, but I don't know. He's been kidnapped, and only the kidnappers knows exactly where he is.

"Annie, I'm not gonna tell you a lie, we don't know where he is, or if he's okay or not, but what I can say is that we won't give up looking before we do find him", I say, rubbing her back as I hug her.

I should focus whole hearted on this, I know that. But I still have Katniss and my last fight in my head. What if she really meant what she said. I'm gonna have to find her and find out if she did or not. I don't want her to move out. Although Annie said that she's devastated. Aaahhh. I need to concentrate on Finn right now.

"Come on Annie", I say and we start to walk, looking everywhere.

We look really hard, and for so long. I actually don't know how long we've been looking for before we are met by Haymitch.

"Hey, have you guys seen Katniss? I really think she should go to the hospital", he says, sounding a bit worried. "I've been thinking about it since she forced us to split by running away".

"No we haven't", I say. "Annie told me, was it really that bad?"

"You have no idea, we could all hear her bone crack, and then to see it stick out of her skin...  Yuck!" Haymitch says and shiver.

"Okay I understand, it's bad", I say. "But how can she still be looking if her bone is broken and sticking out of her skin?"

Haymitch looks at me with disbelief and then he starts to laugh.

I raise my eyebrows, and looks at him.

"Because she's stubborn as hell Peeta, you know that", Haymitch says.

Well ... Yeah! Okay Haymitch have a good point here. Katniss really is stubborn.

"But she can lose blood, and that's not good, so I want to find her and drag her stubborn ass to the hospital", Haymitch says. "You know I..."

Haymitch words gets drowned in a scream.

"What was that?" Annie asks alarmed.

We all look around.

We see a boy at distance that stands and jump up and down as he waves with his arms.

"HELP!" He screams.

We start to run towards the boy and when we come close enough we see that it's Marcus. Someone is lying on the ground beside him.

He sees that it's us.