Chapter 68: Happy endings

Chapter 68

-Katniss-

Finn is shaky even after he left the hospital. He lost some of his memory as well. He's forgotten the things he most of all wanted to forget. No one knew it at first, but then we discovered what he forgot. He forgot Stella. He has no clue about who she is.

The doctors told us that during the process of being tortured, he made himself forget what he most of all wanted to forget.

Why he wanted to forget Stella, will remain unclear, because he can't tell us. I feel sorry for him, he won't remember Stella again if we don't remind him of her, telling him and show him stuff about Stella to gain his memory back. For now, we don't know if we should do that. Annie don't think it's a good idea because Finn became depressed when Stella died, and then to gain his memory of her back to him, can cause him to be depressed again.

When the lamp is turned off, Finn is screaming his head off. He's scared of the dark, and that's not hard to believe, because he was tortured in a dark room, he thinks that someone is going to harm him when it gets dark.

It breaks my heart to see Finn like this. And he don't talk to anyone, not even with Annie. Cassidy is the only one that can get to Finn. He only talks to her. Not that Cassidy understands anything about what happened and what he says, but she's a big comfort to him.

Marcus ... Well because he's only fifteen, he's living in the orphanage now. We visit him from time to time, because he did save my life, I know that, and he did save Finn, and to be able to to that, he had to kill his own father, which can't have been easy.

Marcus is doing good, he says that he don't regret killing his father, because he killed Stella, the one that for the first time in his life showed him real affection and truly cared for him.

I still have a headache. Turns out that the bitch had a pretty big stone in that bag of hers and cracked my skull. So it's gonna take some time for the headache to go away completely. But I don't have as much pain as I did before though, and that's always something.

"Peeta can we just lay in bed all day please?" I ask as I turn in the bed, facing Peeta.

He's so cute with his morning hair.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea", he says in his sexy morning voice. "But first I'm gonna bring in the mail and cook some delicious breakfast, what do you say about some pancakes, and some nice crispy toast and then after some vanilla and chocolate cake that is filled with hazelnut cream".

What do I say?

"What are you still doing here? Down with you!" I say, and start to push him out of the bed. "Get out, get out and don't come back without that breakfast".

Peeta laughs and gives me a quick kiss before he leaves the bed. He has no clothes or boxers, so he walks up to the drawer and take out one of his boxers and puts them on. But that's it, I guess because we're gonna stay in bed all day.

He walks out and then I'm left alone.

I'm left to my thoughts.

I can't believe everything that happened. I can't. Can we ever catch a break? I think we can now. I think it's gonna be pretty calm for now. I hope it will at least.

I hate the fact that Stella died so young and we lost her.

One thing I have thought much about is having more children. I think I would want to, some day, not now, definitely not now, I'm not ready yet, and I won't be anytime soon either, but I want to try to continue on living. I can't stop living. Peeta needs me, Haymitch needs me, Annie, Finn, Cassidy, Felice, Pollux, we all need each other. And to continue living, I can definitely consider having a baby. I know Peeta wants a baby, and I want him to be happy, and maybe just maybe I can be a good mother. People told me I was a good mother to Stella, so maybe I can be that one more time.

The corpse of the pastOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara