Chapter 20: Buying a bed

Chapter 20

-Peeta-

When we're inside Katniss house she sighs and sits down in the sofa.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sitting beside her in the sofa.

"I don't like this house", she says. "I just can't keep my mind off ... Her. I just can't, there are too many bad memories, but I don't have any other place to live, besides my house in the Seam and that's not an option".

Do I dare to tell her my thought about this? I don't really know if I dare. I'm such a coward, why can't I just ask her? She's my girlfriend, I can talk with her and ask her things.

"Maybe..." I say and she looks up at me.

"What?" She asks tired.

"Maybe you can move in with ... Me", I say in a low voice.

Katniss looks at me for a long time.

I'm so stupid. Now I scared her away. Maybe it was too early to ask that question.

Why is she just looking at me like that? It freaks me out, is she even breathing? Oh god, is she breathing?

I wave my hand in front of Katniss face, but she doesn't move a muscle. She just keeps on looking at me.

Oh can't she just say anything?

I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable here.

"Katniss?" I say, but than I'm lying on my back in the sofa with Katniss over me.

"Are you serious?" She asks me.

"Well yeah, if you want to", I say.

The smile that enters Katniss face can be be compared with the sun itself. So bright and big is her smile.

"So do you want to?" I ask her.

Katniss laughs.

"Yes Peeta", she says. "Yes, yes, yes, yes".

I chuckle and her lips crashes onto mine.

I can't believe this. Is this a dream? Is Katniss really moving in with me? Is she really going to do that?

"And you won't regret it?" I ask after pulling away a little.

"Never", she says. "I love you so much, I would never regret a decision with you involved".

I'm never getting tired of hearing her say that she loves me. I just love hearing that, but most of all, I love her.

"I love you so much Katniss", I say and she smiles.

But suddenly she jumps off me and onto the floor.

"Come on", she says.

"Where to?" I ask her, sitting up.

"To pack my stuff", she says.

And just like that I find myself in Katniss bedroom only seconds after, pulling up her suitcase.

While I hear her running up the stairs.

When she comes inside the room, she's laughing so hard that she falls down onto the floor.

"Yeah, very funny, you were the one that wanted to pack", I point out, but then I get an idea. "You stay here and pack whatever you want and I'll go and deal with some stuff, okay?"

Katniss rolls over onto her stomach and leans her head in her hands. Her elbows can't have a very fun time right now.

"Like what?" She asks curiously.