Chapter 48: Flashback. Again

Chapter 48

-Peeta-

Katniss is angry with me. I really understand her though. She really doesn't want to go to the Capitol.

We're on the train right now.

Annie and Finn came with, and so did Haymitch. Haymitch took the kids somewhere on the train, I don't really know where to, Annie and I try to get Katniss out of our compartment.

"Katniss please just come out", I say.

"No!" She says.

"Katniss please, if Peeta didn't agree on it, the reporters would've come up with an awful story about why", Annie says. "So just please, come out now".

That's true. But I did it, because Caesar nagged on me. I didn't want to.

I know that Katniss deep down, knows that it's not my fault, but she really doesn't want to go to the Capitol. And I understand her. This brings out so many bad memories and ... oh no.

She's a mutt! the thought pops up in my head.

Oh no. I'm having a flashback.

"Annie ... get away ... from ... me", I pant as I lean on the wall and slides down on my butt.

"Oh no, Katniss!" Annie shouts.

"MUTT, NOTHING BUT A MUTT!" I roar.

She's trying to kill me. That's all she's trying to do. She killed my family. I'm gonna kill her.

No! a voice in my head says.

Yes, she's nothing but a mutt.

"WHEN YOU COME OUT I'M GONNA KILL YOU MUTT!"

"Peeta you don't know what you're saying!" I hear my friend Annie say.

So she's on the mutts side now?

"Who's side are you on anyways?" I yell.

But she's right. What am I saying? A thought says in my head.

I can just open the door.

I stand up from the floor. Why was I sitting there anyways?

I kick on the door and it flies open.

"No Peeta!" Annie shouts.

She tries to hold me back but I just shake her off. She should now better then trying to prevent me from killing a mutt.

Annie starts to talk to me. I ignore her and walk into the room.

"I'M COMING FOR YOU MUTT!" I yell.

I see the mutt sitting on the bed with her back towards me. Perfect. Now I'm gonna kill her once and for all.

"Haymitch!" I hear Annie yell and I hear her run.

Haymitch? A friend? An enemy? A guard? I can't place that name.

"Are you scared mutt?" I ask threateningly as I stop right behind her.

"No", she simply says.

I put my hands on her shoulders and lean my head towards her.

"Well you should!" I whisper threateningly in her ear.

"Why?" The mutt asks, looking down at something in her hands.

Why? Did the mutt not hear what I yelled? She's gonna die! I'm gonna kill her.

"Because I'm gonna kill you mutt".

No your not! I hear a voice in my head shout. Don't hurt Katniss! Snap out of it!