Chapter 44: Painting

Chapter 44

-Peeta-

I'm painting the walls purple.

And no. It's not mine and Katniss room. It's Stellas. She loves purple.

Katniss and Stella are down in the kitchen. I don't know what they're doing though ... and I'm starting to get a bit suspicious, because they've been down there for a while now.

I hear the front door open and close.

Annie and Finn.

"Finn!" I hear Stella shout.

Hah! so I was right.

Now I hear small running steps, running up the stairs. And then only a few seconds after, Finn and Stella runs inside the room.

"Hey you two", I say.

"Hey daddy", Stella says and runs up and hugs me.

I throw away the big brush and hugs her back. I even carry her up from the floor and spins her around.

Stella laughs.

"I want too, I want too, I want too!" Finn whines.

So I stop and carry him up in my arms as well, and start to spin around with both of them. Both starts to roar with laugher and I just chuckle, looking at them.

I stop and puts them down.

Finn pretends to be dizzy and starts to walks in circles. And then he falls flat on his butt.

"Woooppsiiie", he says and Stella falls to the ground laughing her butt off.

I shake my head and takes up the brush again.

Finn only has a pair of simple jeans and a white shirt on. I think Annie dressed him this way on purpose because she knows that we're repainting Stellas room today.

Katniss and Annie comes inside the room.

Katniss has a plate with two sandwiches on.

Wait a minute ... don't tell me that this is what she has been doing for the past half an hour?

"Hey babe", I say and peck on her lips when she comes up to me. "You were gone long".

"Yeah ... I kind of ended up in a accident downstairs..." she says and her cheeks starts to get red.

"What?" I ask.

"I kind of burned my hand at the stove", she mumbles, and gives me the plate, and then I notice that she has bandaged her right hand.

"Let me see that", I say.

"No it's nothing Peeta, really, I'm fine", Katniss says.

"Are you sure?" I ask, just to be sure that she's really okay.

"Yes baby, I'm really, really, really sure", Katniss says assuring me that she's fine.

"Okay then", I say and take a bit of one of the sandwitches.

It's two ham and cheese sandwitches. Simple but good. Anyone can make these. Even Katniss who is terrible, she can't even give herself cereal in the mornings.

"Mmmmm... this is soooo good", I say, sounding teasingly.

Katniss hits my arm playfully.

"I wanna try it daddy!" Stella jumps up and looks at the sandwitch in my hand.

I feed her the sandwitch.

Stella takes a big bite of the sandwitch.

She chews it for like two minutes and then she swallows.

"It was really good mommy!" She says happily.

Stella has stopped calling us Katniss and Peeta. At first she got ashamed when she called us mommy and daddy, but we told her not to be and to call us that if she wanted to, and now that's what she calls us.

I don't think of myself as a father in that way, but I am the only thing she has, and I am her daddy, I always will be. And Katniss will always be her mommy, because we are the first once to act like that to her, and she is our daughter.

She always will be.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋608✒️

Hahah hey you guys, I hope you liked the chapter :)

I would really much want to know your thoughts of this chapter :)

I know what you all have different thoughts about Stella and what happens, but just keep on reading and I promise you that you'll find out soon enough ;)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you thought of the chapter :)

-Josephine xx