Chapter 57: Angry Finn

Chapter 57

-Katniss-

Now here we are.

Peeta, Annie, Finn, Haymitch, Felice, Pollux and two year old Cassidy and I, are sitting here in the living room, waiting for Stella to come home.

She should've been here by now though, school finished over an hour ago, and yeah, of course she would want to say goodbye to Marcus, but she really should've been here by now.

"Where is she?" Haymitch asks impatient.

"I don't know, maybe she forgot", Peeta says, trying to hold back the sadness in his voice.

I kind of knew this would happen. I prayed for it not to happen though, but when have things gone my way anyways?

"I knew it", Finn says angrily.

"Baby calm down", Annie says, trying to put Finn in her lap.

Finn jumps away from Annie.

"No! This is what everyone knew was gonna happen!" Finn shouts.

Finn really has a strong voice for only being seven.

Everyone looks at him. Even Cassidy. I don't really think that Cassidy knows what Finn is saying. She just looks at him because he's really close to yell.

Finn sighs and sits down on the floor beside Cassidy. He picks her up and puts her in his lap while he wraps his arms around her.

"I mean come on, she hasn't been around since she started to date Marcus!" Finn says. "It's like we're not important for her anymore. We used to be so close, her and I. But now, the only one who's close with her is Marcus!"

"Finn that's not true, she loves you", I say, trying to calm him down. "She always have and she always will, and you two will always be close no matter how many guys she meets".

Finns sighs.

"I just miss her, like so much and she doesn't even care about it", Finn says. "It feels like she doesn't miss me, or even gives me a second thought when she doesn't see me in a month, even though she have known me ever since I was born! She used to feed me!"

I smile.

Stella did use to feed Finn. She used to put him to bed as well, and play with him, she learned him things and stuff.

Finn was always the most important for Stella. But I know he still is. Stella is just too much in love right now. Or she's in a pink cloud where she can't see straight. When she's out of the cloud she'll realize what's more important.

"Finn she's just in a love cloud right now, soon she'll realize what's important", Peeta says.

Hah! We actually do think alike. But I've never realized how alike we think.

"Well can we just go on that picnic now? We can have fun without Stella", Finn says and stands up.

He has a tight grip on Cassidy so he carries her up when he stands up. He's pretty strong to be a seven year old.

"Right Cassidy? We don't need Stella to have fun, do we? And you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna teach you how to dance!" Finn says.

I smile.

Annie looks sad. We all know what Finn is trying to do. He's trying to ignore the fact that he feels hurt right now.

Finn wrinkle his nose as he starts to smells and then he walks up to Pollux.

"Here Uncle Pollux, I think she pooped", Finn says. "Thanks a lot Cassidy!"

We all just start to laugh. They're trying to make Cassidy stop with diapers now, but apparently it's a long and slow process, it took a while for Finn too, though he stopped when he was like one. But all kids are different, right?

Pollux takes care of Cassidy's diaper and then we all walk out of the house.

We decided to go on the picnic anyways. Stella won't come. She forgot about her promise to us. But one day, she'll come to her senses and realize what she's doing.

Finn walks ahead of us with Cassidy.

Cassidy walks really clumsy, like every toddler in her age. She holds a tight grip on Finns hand and laughs as she tries to take as big steps as Finn.

When we're near the woods, we see a lot of people at one place. What happened here?

"Someone call on the peacekeepers!" I hear a man shout.

Okay what happened?

People seem to be freaking out. Crying and screaming.

I look at the others. We all look at each other.

"Come here Cassidy", Finn says and picks up Cassidy in his arms and he runs a lot faster up to the people. Then he disappears in the crowd and suddenly we hear a child scream.

That's what makes us run up to the crowd and push through everyone until we see what's in the middle.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋803✒️

Ooooo what happened?

Please vote and comment to tell me what you guys thought :)

-Josephine xx