Chapter 25: So cute

Chapter 25

-Peeta-

"Hey Finn, are you a good boy? Yeah you are", I sing as I tickle Finns feet.

Annie and Katniss are at the lake, fixing everything for the baptism in about three hours.

They left Finn with me, while I cook the food.

Finn is lying in his baby seat on the small kitchen table and I partly cook and partly talk to him. I love Finn, he's so cute, and he's my godson. He's only about two months, but he really looks like six months. Annie took him to the hospital about a month after he was born. The doctor said that Finn just evolve faster than other babies, that's all.

I think Finn is unique. But it has to do with genes as well. And because Annie says that she never was this big as a baby, I guess that Finnick must have been this big when he was a baby. But I don't know.

Gale said that he'll be at the baptism. I don't know how I feel about that. I just hope that he's over Katniss. I don't want him to try to take Katniss away from me again. I don't wanna lose her. But of course, if she would prefer him, I wouldn't stop her. I just want Katniss to be happy. I just hope that I can make her happy. I think I can, but I don't want Gale to try to do the same thing.

I'm not mad at Gale or anything. In fact I think that we need to talk at some point. Better sooner rather than later. Right?

"So what do you say Finn?" I ask looking at him. "Chicken legs?"

Of course he doesn't understand me. He just starts to laugh because I tickle his chubby belly. Oh he's so cute.

"Are you adorable?" I ask him as I continue to tickle his belly. "Yes you are, yes you are".

Finn only continues to laugh in his adorable laughter.

Children are a blessing. They can make anyone happy and loving. Even president Snow had a warm side to his granddaughter. So children really can make anyone happy.

Ugh. I don't wanna think about Snow. Ugh. He did nothing but to harm everyone. Even his own Gamemakers, I mean if they did just one thing wrong, he killed them. And the guards as well. I know that very well. I saw him kill a guard with a knife one time. No, that wasn't something I'd like to see again. That was horrible. It really was. He was pure evil. Although he did have a softer side as well, when it came to his granddaughter. And that's my point in all of this. Children can bring a soft and good side in someone up to earth just by smiling or laughing or just looking at you. That's because they're so pure and innocent. They're almost always happy.

I walk up to the fridge and take out all the chicken legs. I season the chicken legs and put them into the oven. I put on the timer and sit down at the chair in front of Finn, who watches my every move, quietly with his big green eyes.

"Hey little one, you like your mothers food more than mine?" I ask.

He just looks at me and smiles. His eyes are crossed and than he focus his eyes on me again the best he can. I can't believe how cute he is. I just can't. He's too cute.

I start to tickle his chubby belly again and he starts to laugh.

I carry him up from the baby seat and cuddle with him.

"Oh you're so cute Finn", I say pressing his chubby rosy cheek against mine. "I wish you could get god-siblings, yeah I do, but your godmother doesn't want children, I'm so glad we have you, little one".

Call me crazy, but even though Finn is just a baby, I feel like I can talk to little Finn. I wonder how our relation will be when he's older. I'm gonna make sure that he knows that he always has me. He has Annie, yes, but he doesn't have a father, and I can never replace Finnick, I don't even want to do that, I just want to be there for Finn when he gets older. And I hope I can.

The oven clock rings. I put Finn back in the baby seat and go to take out the chicken legs.

It smells delicious. I put the oven tray on top of the stove. I've already cooked the rice so I've only got the salad left.

I cut the vegetables and mix them together in a bowl. I mix them in oil and vinegar, and put some salt in it.

Now everything is pretty much done.

I take the baby seat with a sleeping Finn into the living. I put the baby seat on the coffee table and carry Finn out of it.

I lay down Finn on his back in the sofa and I lay down beside him.

I stroke my finger over his chubby cheek. He doesn't wake up, but he grab my finger in his hand and he hug my hand with both his arms.

I smile and doesn't take away my hand. Instead I pull him closer to me with my other arm and close my eyes.

Suddenly I feel vey tired. I try to open my eyes, but I'm too tired. So instead, I fall asleep as well.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋927✒️
Heey you guys, did you like the chapter? Oh I really hope you liked so Finn and Peeta time ;)

Please tell me what you thought, so I can be a better writer :)

Vote and comment please and tell me what you thought of this chapter, I would be really happy if you did that :D

-Josephine xx