VIII.

A few weeks fly by fast as the wind and we're already in July now

A few weeks fly by fast as the wind and we're already in July now. I fell into a routine here. I don't have friends to hang out with and my social skills are debatable, so my only best friend currently is a three-year-old girl. Rosanna comes as the next one. And that explains how pathetic my life is.

Sam also came to visit once. She said she was busy with work at the tattoo studio. But when she came here, Alexander was also in the house. She wanted to talk to us both together while we were in the same room. It didn't end well.

Alexander kept glaring at me and having sarcastic remarks on everything I said. He was being mean and he made sure I knew he didn't like my presence. So, I shut up and went away from them to give them space.

I'm done taking Alexander's mean words and him being a bully to me. He's no greater than me and he has absolutely no right to act like he's above me.

Rosanna hinted on him acting this way because this is his way of dealing with his own issues. He has many, Rosanna told me. As if she needed to. I would have to be blind not to notice that. But that's not an excuse to be an asshole to everyone around him. And I'm not forgiving him just because he has 'issues'. We all have issues. We all have troubles we have to deal with. That doesn't mean we can take it out on other people who are not responsible for what's happening in our life.

We build our own path. How others act to us, is not on us. How we act – that is on us. And no one else is to blame here.

Alexander's 'friends' also came to visit him once. Truthfully, I don't know what they were to him. Just three cool guys coming in with him, looking all badass. They looked a bit older than him, not much, but I couldn't tell for sure. They were serious and intimidating, all three having their whole faces pierced and were covered in tattoos.

It was that day that I crossed Alexander again.

They were staring at me as I was sitting on the couch and mindlessly scrolling through the channels on the TV, trying to find something good to watch.

They all sat down on the couch, making me uncomfortable. I didn't want to look at them, so I pretended I'm really interested in how the elephants reproduce. Just my luck to find a channel like this on a TV.

"Hot damn, Sin. You live with that?" One guy asks. I feel their eyes on me.

"I'm a person. Not a thing. I breathe and talk," I say, still staring at the TV.

Someone whistles loudly. "I didn't know babysitters looked like this. Hell, I'm thinking of hiring one for myself now."

They all chuckle. It takes a lot to keep my poker face and not turn into a grimace.

"Goddamn, Sin, I get why you're all grumpy now, man. Daaamn!"

I chance a look at Alexander and see he's glaring at his companions with a stoic, hard face that's pretty familiar to me by now. "Can you two stupid morons shut the fuck up?"