XLVII.

On the New Year's Eve, Alexander, Sam, Snake and I decided to go spend it in Islington

On the New Year's Eve, Alexander, Sam, Snake and I decided to go spend it in Islington. It seemed really fitting to do so. Besides, I liked spending time in Islington, even though Alexander hated seeing me there. I assured him it was okay and that I was fine and I want to be there, but he was acting like a protective father sometimes.

As much as it was cute, it could also be annoying.

But more than everything, Alexander and I were good. Perfect even. We spend a lot of time together. The holidays were a bit hectic since there was a lot of presents and food with a lot of things happening around us, but we spent them mostly together.

Alexander was changing, too. For the better, of course. Everyone could see the change in him and everyone loved it. He was more kind to his parents, he was playing around with his sister and he was joking around with Rosanna.

And to me ... he was like a perfect boyfriend. Like a boyfriend I wouldn't even imagine him to be. He was gentle, attentive and a very good listener. He was the guy I never let myself dream I could have in life someday.

And I think I maybe, just a little bit fall in love with him. I mean, how couldn't I?

He wasn't perfect in the world's eyes, not even close. He has flaws and he makes mistakes, it'll take some time for him to open up again and see the world in its colours, not just as black and white as he's been seeing for so many years. But a part of me believes he's perfect for me.

And tonight is the last day of the year. Meaning I'm leaving this and him in just three months - even less.

I dress in warm clothes. I look like the least sexy person in the world but when Alexander sees me wrapped in clothes from head to toe, he gives me that smile that always makes my heart pace even faster. "You look adorable as fuck, Little one."

"I'm sure I do," I mutter under the scarf I have wrapped over my mouth. Alexander only grins back.

"Make sure to put that scarf off your lips at midnight so I'll be able to kiss them." He winks at me. And I just want to die. I want to melt into a puddle at his feet.

"I don't know if you deserved it, really," I tease. "I might find someone else to kiss."

Alexander's eyes darken at this and all trace of laughter is gone from his eyes. He steps a threatening step forward. "Do it and he dies."

Oh, Jesus. "Uhm, I was just joking," I mumble nervously, getting serious, too.

"Yeah. Better be," he says, all grumpy now.

Yeah. That's the thing that stayed exactly the same on him. His mood switches. Although he mostly does them when he's with me. Because, in his words, I know a way to put him in a bad mood, as I know the way to put him in a good mood.

We say bye to the family before we leave. Amelia is all happy because Rosalyn and Alfred let her be up later than usual with them. She probably won't stay up until midnight, but I got to say the kid is determined and I wouldn't be surprised if she did.