XVII.

Another month goes by faster than I imagined

Another month goes by faster than I imagined. I've got used to living here in London by now. I've got used to the life, the city and even people. Especially people. And I finally got the chance to meet the city a little better so I don't get lost anymore. Most of the time I don't, at least.

But now I have a brand new phone and if anything happens, I can either ring Sam or anyone else. Except for Alexander, of course. I didn't bother getting his number. And he didn't bother getting mine.

Basically, we didn't see each other that much. Sometimes we met on the rooftop, but we only spoke a few words to each other, if any. I got a feeling that he started avoiding going out on a rooftop because he knew I'd probably be there.

As for Islington – I finally got the name of the street where all that motorcycle thing is going on and I made sure to remember it – I avoided it. Sam asked me to come with her a few times, but I always made up some excuse.

I wasn't ready to go back there yet, if I'll ever even go again. I don't know why Sam can't see that I'm like a black sheep there. That's not a scene for me and it couldn't be more obvious.

Alexander thinks I'm a 'good girl that's almost too good' – his words, not mine – and if that doesn't say it all, I don't know what would.

I basically avoid going there because I'm not ready to face Sophie. I wouldn't know what to say to her. Apologise? But for what? I didn't even mean anything by going with Alexander. Was she blind not to see how much hatred is between us? It's basically pouring out of our pores whenever we're in the same room.

It's Friday today and I'm free tomorrow morning because Rosalyn doesn't have to go to work before noon.

"Any plans for tonight?" Rosalyn asks me at dinner.

I look at her and purse my lips. "Not really," I say. Because what else can I say? I'm a lame person and I fear being around people? Yeah, judge me for being a loser.

"Aren't you and Sam going to a party?" Rosanna addresses Alexander this time.

I'm happy that the attention's not on me anymore and I keep eating in silence.

Alexander's only response to Rosalyn's question is him giving her a look with raised eyebrows. He doesn't verbally answer her, but he doesn't need to.

Rosalyn shrugs as if silently answering Alexander's unspoken question. "Why don't you take Gabby with you?"

I almost drop the fork. I look at Rosalyn out of the corner of my eyes and stop chewing on the food I put in my mouth. Alexander looks at me with a murder clearly written in his eyes, his nose flaring as he seeps right at me. As if it was me suggesting that absurd idea!

"Yeah, why don't you take her and babysit her for the rest of the night, then, Mum?" Alexander asks with heavy sarcasm, still staring straight at me.