XXIV.

I'm scared shitless

I'm scared shitless. The last time when I was riding with Alexander was nothing compared to this. We're driving faster, way faster. It makes my body tremble – both from fear and the cold as the wind is hitting my body.

I don't dare to look where we're driving or how fast. I rest my forehead on Alexander's back and don't dare to open my eyes.

I'm sick and I'm holding onto him so tight I know he probably has trouble with breathing.

I hear the sound of police sirens behind us. I don't dare to look if they're following us. I hope they're not. Because I really don't want to get into any trouble.

I focus on my breathing instead. In and out. Praying the ride will be over soon.

Based on how fast we're going, we should be home soon. But that's not the case since Alexander's driving us on some small streets, making sharp turns. I only hope he knows where he's going and he doesn't get us lost.

Going to Islington again was a bad idea. I just wanted to have a talk and I got a feeling Alexander was ignoring me the whole day. I know he didn't have migraine anymore since yesterday night and I know he's been at home today, but every time I wanted to see him, it's like he just disappeared somewhere.

And as much as I didn't want to come here anymore or anywhere else, I had to talk to him about what I did. Not just to him, I felt guilty for what I did to Sophie. She didn't deserve that.

But now I think coming to Islington was a really bad idea. I mean, look at where it had gotten me.

The talk could wait. But I was also hoping I would see Sophie there and apologise to her, too, and explain everything to her, although she'd have every reason to be mad at me. I just didn't want any troubles between her and Alexander because of me. I wouldn't forgive myself.

And now I'm in the same situation that has gotten me into the trouble before – driving with Alexander on his motorcycle.

But did I have any other choice left? I mean, there was police behind us!

When we come back to Holt's house, I have to take a few minutes to calm myself down. I just sit there with my arms tightly wrapped around Alexander, keeping my eyes closed and focus on breathing.

"Did you die back there?"

Of course Alexander has to ruin my moment of silence.

I unwrap my arms around him and lift my head from his back. "Ha. You wish," I retort back.

I get down from the motorcycle, stepping on my wobbly legs. My body is still trembling from the adrenaline and the shock.

Alexander doesn't say anything and neither do I. He parks the motorcycle in the garage while I'm still standing outside like an idiot, looking up at the night sky. The clouds can be seen tonight, the grey fog on the black sky.