XXXII.

"Ah, fuck! Could you be a little gentler?"

I roll my eyes and press the pad even tighter to the corner of Alexander's eyes. "Stop being such a baby."

Alexander glares at me and winces. "Goddamn," he hisses and moves his face.

I put my hand on his jaw and make him stay still while I try to clean the cut. I've been 'torturing' (his words) him for around twenty minutes now and he's ready to die. I already cleaned his knuckles and put some ice on them, but they're still going to be swollen and bruised. His face was a big deal next since he had many bruises and cuts.

I've cleaned almost everything, even though Alexander was bitching about it.

He should be happy I even offered to clean his mess up, but when we came back to the house and I saw his face under the light when I pulled his hood back, it was my first instinct to help him.

The fight must've been pretty hard and aggressive if I'm judging by the way he came out looking like. I even made a joke about it and Alexander just stared me in the eyes in all seriousness. "Little one, you should see him. There was a reason you had to come and pick me up."

His words put me in a shock. "I hope you didn't kill him," I said with faint voice and pale face, my stomach dropping at the thought.

Is Alexander capable of killing? I couldn't even think about it. He's just a year older than me and that'd be so wrong ... But could he be that merciless and cold-hearted? Could he destroy his life like that?

At my words, Alexander's lips pull up in a smile so small I barely catch it. It makes him wince a bit, but he still keeps that tiny smile on his lips, his eyes nothing but pure darkness. "I wanted to. Badly," he admits without a shame.

I stop what I'm doing completely and just stare straight in his eyes, trying to know if he's kidding or not. "But you didn't?" I say with a whisper.

Alexander makes a noise in his throat. "Nah. Maybe I will someday." He shrugs as if it's not even a big deal. As if he's not talking about killing someone! "Might make him suffer a bit more in his pathetic life before taking it away from him."

I unconsciously tighten my hands on Alexander's jaw and Alexander slaps my hand away. "You wouldn't ..." I breathe out in pure shock and disbelief. I can not believe he would do that.

"No?" Alexander murmurs teasingly. I hate how strongly his breath smells of alcohol and cigarettes.

I shake my head, not capable of forming any words for an answer to him.

Alexander suddenly puts his harmed hand on my cheek. I try really hard not to wince at his touch and jump away from him. "Why would you think that?" he asks me softly.

I gulp down a lump that formed in my throat. My brain suddenly stopped working and I can't even think of what I'm going to say. "Because I believe that every person has something good in them, even though they don't show it to everyone. And so do you," I blurt out at the end.