X.

The adrenaline from speaking to Alexander is still rushing through my body, pumping my blood through my veins and making my heart beat faster

The adrenaline from speaking to Alexander is still rushing through my body, pumping my blood through my veins and making my heart beat faster. When he walked away, Sam turned to me and only exclaimed, "Holy fuck!" which I still don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.

Snake was staring at me with nothing but admiration written in his eyes, with a cheek splitting grin plastered on his face. "Holy fuck indeed," he said, still smiling at me.

I couldn't deal with these two when I had to calm my heart down before I get a heart attack. I don't know what came into me. I guess the atmosphere around me made me bold and I was sure he wouldn't do anything to me when there were so many people around.

And when he walked away just like that, it felt even better. Because if he wants to walk all over me with his meaningless words and empty threats, I'll show him that I'm not that small as he might think. And if he thinks he's innovative with his threats, I have another news for him, because even he'd be surprised how creative people could get with their ideas.

"Let's get closer, the race will start soon," Snake says, grabbing Sam's hand and pulling her closer. Sam grabs my hand and pulls me after them so we go through the mass of people until we're in the front and I have a clear view of the scene in front of me.

I have never seen so many motorcycles in my life. Or tattoos. Or piercings. Or leather jackets.

Jesus, it's like watching a movie in real life. It doesn't feel real, it doesn't even look real, but people cheering around and their laughter makes it oh, so real. Along with the revving of the machines which makes my blood pump in anticipation and my lips dry in expectation.

I see girls wearing less than me hanging mostly around the guys on the motorcycles now, some of them being intimately close, others just talking and laughing as if it's the most natural thing in the world to do. I was jealous at how good they felt in their own skin. They were barely covered and they didn't even show a trace of discomfort. They didn't even seem to be cold at all, while I was literally shivering, cursing Sam for making me wear this horrendous outfit.

Alexander isn't alone either. He has three girls around him, which surprises me and I start guessing if one of them is Sophie, his girlfriend, but they all seem flirtatious enough with him that they could all be his girlfriends. And the thought of him having a girlfriend almost makes me burst out laughing because I can't imagine him ever showing his affection to someone.

Can he even offer more than his cold words and even colder stares? I doubt.

Someone blocks my view of Alexander when he drives close to where I'm standing so I can't see past him.

"Yo, Sam. Long time no see, eh?" the guy greets Sam with an arrogant smile.

He has brown eyes, not as dark as Alexander's, but the warm brown colour that looks much more friendly.