XXXI.

Three nights later, I don't know what truly wakes me up – the nightmare or the loud noise coming from the other room

I sit up on the bed, ignoring the throbbing pain that shoots through my head.

I hear screams. Girl screams, coming from Alexander's room. I listen carefully, my heart starting to beat faster.

The screams come again and I hear a loud bang. I jump up on the bed with my heart in my throat now. I try to remember if I have any object in my room with which I could go in there and smack Alexander if I had to.

"Fuck, baby, just like that!"

I frown at Alexander's voice.

"Yes, Sin! Yes, yes!" the girl's moan follows.

And when it hits me like a brick what's really happening in the other room, I flush from head to toe. They're ... yeah.

I'm embarrassed for some reason. And it feels really, really weird hearing something like that. God forbid imagining it!

I groan and lay back down in the bed, pulling the covers over my head. I don't want to think about what's going over there, even though it's hard not to since their moans are getting louder and louder.

And they just don't seem like they're stopping anytime soon. I lay on my back and stare up at the ceiling, even though I can't see anything in the dark room.

Since that night that Rosalyn and Alfred revealed they're expecting another child, Alexander completely distanced himself from the whole family. He wasn't home much; in fact, I don't even think he was at home at all during the days, but I think he slept at home, although I'm not sure. I didn't ask anyone about it.

I saw that Rosalyn was worried about it. She was down, constantly expecting him to come home at some point. She admitted to me that she hopes she could speak to him.

I even apologised to her because I was sure that I made everything worse when I went out after him. I shouldn't have. I know how he is with me, I know how easily mad I can get him, but that didn't stop me. Because I was only thinking about making things better for Alfred and Rosalyn and didn't think that I might destroy everything.

But Rosalyn only looked at me with a kind smile and put her hand on mine in reassurance. "Gabby, you did more good than bad. Believe me."

Her words confused me since I felt that ever since I came here, Alexander is even a bigger mess than he probably was before. He's constantly angry at me and I even drove him so far that he doesn't show up at home sometimes. So, how is that really a good thing?

When Rosalyn saw how unsure I was about her words, she said, "Gabby, you don't see it, but he's different now. What you're doing is good for him, I promise."

If what I'm doing is good for him, what kind of a monster was he before I met him?

I don't even want to think about that. He's a weird guy, but after all, I love messing with him. And I love making him confused, too, like he's confusing me. What a lovely pair we make.