XVI.

I go take a shower to wake myself up a bit

I go take a shower to wake myself up a bit. I look like a car ran over me. I'm pale, my hair is tangled in a mess and my eyes are just ... too big for my face. What a sight I am.

After showering and changing clothes, I decide it's maybe time I go eat something, even though the thought of food doesn't sound very appealing to me after a night of vomiting, but I feel weak and my body is clearly screaming to feed it.

When I come downstairs I'm surprised to see Alexander laying on the couch comfortably with his friend over – one of the guys that visited last time. ''Glad to see you didn't die up there, Little one,'' Alexander snickers at me, thinking he's funny to die for.

Tragic. ''Like you would care if I did,'' I shoot back, rolling my eyes.

That wipes the smirk off his face and he pulls his arm from under his head and sits up a bit. I just continue walking into the kitchen.

It's empty, but I notice that there's lunch waiting for me. I know it's from me because there's a note placed on the dishes with my name on it. And as I open the lid, the smell of fried meat hits my nostrils and my stomach loudly demands the food.

I say a quick thank you to Rosanna in my head and dig into my food.

But my appetite doesn't last long. Alexander walks into the kitchen minutes later. I feel jumpier today around him than the other days because I know that I caused trouble for him and that wasn't my intention.

He eyes me up and down, resting his eyes on my face for a few seconds before he shakes his head and opens the refrigerator, taking out two beers. Then, he searches a cabinet for a bag of chips.

I hold my breath the whole time, I even stopped eating. But, thankfully, he leaves without any remark, leaving me alone again to eat in peace. And I do, as quick as possible, not wanting to stay here any longer just in case he changes his mind and comes strolling back in here and attacks me for whatever reason.

I'm surprised he didn't say anything about yesterday night, though. I'm hoping he won't. I'm actually embarrassed to think about it. And I don't have any other explanation for what has gotten into me that I wanted to take a ride with him. I could blame vodka or I could blame Ryder, saying I wanted him to leave me alone.

I won't think about this right now. If Alexander doesn't addresses the subject, then I won't either. I'm not causing myself any more trouble.

•••

The day passes really fast. I decided to leave the house and clear my mind a bit. It was hot outside today so I decided on wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I wasn't really a fan of shorts, so I left those at home.

I felt a little daring today and decided to go to the city and explore it a bit myself. I prayed that I wouldn't get lost because I don't know what I'd do all by myself in the big city, having no phone to call anyone.