XX.

I wake up, but I immediately wish that I didn't

I wake up, but I immediately wish that I didn't. Everything hurts so badly it makes me wince. My muscles hurt. My head hurts. My eyes hurt. My stomach aches. I sit up in the bed with a groan, putting my hand on my forehead and breathing hard so I don't throw up all over the floor.

I don't remember how much I drank last night and what I drank, I know that it was a lot and that it hit me way too hard. I also know that I shouldn't repeat this anytime soon.

At first thought, I only remember some of the things that happened last night. Mostly the ones that happened at the beginning and then I only have flashbacks of some moments, but not the whole picture. I remember playing truth or dare with people I've never seen before.

I remember some of the things that happened, some of the dares people did and some of the truths they had to tell. I also remember I got asked if I was a virgin.

Well, that's embarrassing. Although I'm not ashamed of it. I mean, with whom could I even lose my virginity if no guy wanted me or all that they wanted was to sleep with me?

I lay in the bed for some more minutes, trying to remember everything else from last night, but I just can't recall what was happening and how I got home. Did Sam drive me? She must have. But I remember her drinking ... So, did she drive me home drunk?

I sigh and slowly get up from the bed, struggling with myself. My head feels like it's weighing a ton and if I move it too fast, I get dizzy and I want to vomit.

Today is not going to be that fun, after all.

Looking at the clock, I see I haven't slept that long. It's just half past 8.

I also notice that I'm wearing the dress from last night, without my jacket and my shoes.

I go into the bathroom and blink a few times in the mirror. Dear God. What even is this?

I look horrible with smudged make-up and wild hair. My lips are slightly swollen and my eyes look red and tired. I look like a complete disaster.

I take a long, much-needed shower, losing the smell of alcohol, wash my hair and rub my face to get rid of all the make-up.

I feel much better when I come out, but still not human enough.

I put on jeans and a T-shirt. I haven't noticed it before, but the window in my room is open. And I never open it.

I close it, since it's already getting hot today. Then, I go down into the kitchen. Rosanna is there, singing to herself, all chirpy this morning.

"Good morning," I greet quietly, sitting down at the table and put my head into my hands.

"Good morning, kid. You don't look too well today," Rosanna comments with her motherly worry that I'm still having a hard time getting used to.

I only groan in response.