XXIII.

Alexander's POV

Alexander's POV

Heard about your migraine. Feeling better?

It's a text from Sam I get. I read it with disbelief, rolling my eyes at how many gossip girls I live with.

I see the word's spreading pretty fast around here.

I'm annoyed that this shit's spreading around. Even though it's only Sam and she already knows about my migraines and I know she would never tell a soul about them, I still don't like it.

And I swear if Gabrielle had anything to do with Sam finding out about it, I'm seriously not going to be happy about it. Gabrielle's starting to cross some limits and is becoming a little too close to me for my liking. She thinks I won't do anything, but she couldn't be more wrong.

I also heard Gabby took care for you. So you finally got her into your bed, huh ;)

I stare down at the text. And stare some more. What the fuck? Honestly, what the fuck?

Fuck off.

Now I definitely know Gabrielle told her.

Getting a little defensive?

Not only am I going to kill Gabrielle, I'm going to murder Sam, too.

I'm not kidding, Sam. Fuck off.

She put me in a really bad mood now. She knows how I feel about Gabrielle, yet she keeps making remarks like that. And to her, too.

It reminds of a few nights ago. When she dared Gabrielle to kiss me. While she was drunk out of her mind and didn't know what she was doing, Sam dared her to kiss me.

I have no idea why she did that, but it seems like she's determined to see us together. What she doesn't see is that she's too fucking good and innocent for me. I'd destroy her life and she'd hate me forever for it.

That kiss was still ... something. It shook me. Probably because I thought she wouldn't have the guts to do it. And now she probably doesn't even remember it.

That's pretty ironic.

But I think it's for the best that she doesn't. It's bad enough that I let her touch and comfort me a few nights ago in my room when I was at my weakest. And she wasn't intoxicated then so I know she remembers everything perfectly fine.

I don't even know what got into me then. She was there, she boldly caressed my hair and massaged my head, which helped me, so I let her do it. It's not a big deal. I just didn't want her to see me like that.

I didn't want her to know my weaknesses.

But it only seems that the more I try to scare her, the more she's pushing back. It's like I can't break her. And I don't know what to do to keep her away from me.