XXVI.

The sky starts to darken and I still didn't leave my room. I've been in here for hours, staring mindlessly up at the ceiling, listening to the music.

Half of the time spent here, I've been just replaying the conversation I had with Alexander. I think it went well. As good as I could expect, at least. We did clear some things up and now at least I know where I'm standing with him. We both said what we had to.

I know he told me to stay here in my room. But I'm getting hungry. I didn't eat lunch and it was already past dinner time.

I don't think it's a wise thing to do to go downstairs. But since when am I known for making any wise decisions?

I put the earbuds out of my ear and stand up from the bed, stretching my stiff limbs. I know Rosalyn's parents are still here because I could hear their voices from downstairs.

I don't even have to go to the dining room. I'll just go to the kitchen, grab something to eat and then quickly and silently go back into my room. I don't even know if they really are such monsters that no one likes them and that even Alexander warns me about them, but I'm not willing to test it out.

It's better if I stay away, anyway, since I don't really have any right to meet Rosalyn's parents. I'm not a family, I'm only a babysitter from abroad.

I go downstairs quietly. I see Rosanna in the kitchen and she's so out of place, she doesn't even hear me enter. She's going left and right in a fast pace, blowing her hair out of her face.

"Hey, Rosanna," I make her aware of my presence.

Rosanna screams and quickly turns around with her hand pressed on her chest. "Kid! Do you want to put me in a grave?"

I chuckle. "I'm sorry. You're a bit jumpy today," I observe.

She huffs and wipes the sweat off her forehead with her forearm. "It's the parents, I tell you. They're here to ruin our week completely."

I raise my eyebrows at her description. "Ouch. That bad?" I ask.

Rosanna gives me a look. "You have no idea. If you know what's good for you, don't go in there. It's like a dragon's nest there." She literally shudders.

"Ah, I'm sorry. Alexander warned me about coming down here, but I just had to get something to eat," I tell Rosalyn. My stomach groans loudly as if confirming my words.

Rosanna smiles that secretive smile of hers. "Alex warned you about them, huh?" she teases.

I roll my eyes at her. "It would be great if you stopped playing a matchmaker."

Rosanna puts her hand on her chest and gasps, pretending I just said something that offended her. "Me? I would never!"

"Of course not," I mutter. "I'll just eat something really quickly and then go back up in my room."