XIV.

Alexander's POV

Alexander's POV

I admit, I've made a lot of stupid decisions in my life. Had even some worse ideas. I'm no fool. I know who I am and what I am.

But this right now, having Gabrielle fucking Perth's arms wrapped around me as she sits behind me with her thighs pressing to mine, might be the worst decision I've made in my life. Worse than the worst.

I curse myself for agreeing to take her for a ride. With me out of all people. But the bastard in me is glad she didn't choose Spider instead. And I also don't want her anywhere around my enemy.

I drive us to the start line and Gabrielle's body gets impossibly rigid behind mine, her arms clutching me so tightly I have trouble breathing. As I rev up the machine, Gabrielle squeezes me even harder. "Ever rode on a motorcycle?" I ask her over my shoulder.

"No," she says against my ear.

Yeah, I could tell that. I put my right hand on her arms, trying to release her tight hold. "Don't squeeze so hard. Try to relax, it'll be over soon." I don't even know why I'm trying to calm her down. It was her idea to ride with me. She probably didn't know what she was getting herself into, but I'll show her.

Maybe it'll keep her away from this place once and for all. It's not for her, anyway. Her soul is too fucking pure to be around people like this.

"Ready?" I call, sending a smirk at Spider, who actually thinks he has a shot of winning.

I hear a, "No," from Gabrielle as I rev up the machine and add the speed. And we go. Gabrielle screams, causing me to wince, her scream ringing in my ear, and her arms tighten again.

I focus on driving instead, trying to ignore the feeling of the girl I should stay away from wrapped around me. Yeah, I'm going straight to hell. And I'm even sure the devil is saving a special place beside him for me.

I drive on the all too familiar streets. As we turn right, the lights disappear and it's just darkness surrounding us now. The sound of motorcycles is loud and the smell of oil and gas is strongly presented. And there's also the smell of excitement and anticipation all around us, making my heart beat faster.

I could drive these streets blindfolded. I know every bump in the road and every rock under my wheels. You'd think it gets boring once you've driven on the same road for so many times, but let me assure you, it doesn't. Because the taste and the sound of the victory in the end still tastes sweet as fucking heaven. It gets me every time.

People cheer for me, drink on me, talk about me. It can't get sweeter than that.

Someone tries to pass me from behind. I swiftly turn to the left so I block his path. He goes right. I go right before him. I don't have to look back to know it's Spider. He's been playing dangerous games with me for a few weeks now. He's feeling a bit bold today, I see, if he's trying to get past me in this narrow, dark street.