L.

It takes Alexander a full month and a half to completely heal. He was injured badly. It was also hard for him to heal properly because he didn't want to rest and he constantly wanted to do something.

And now it's mid-February and I'm selfishly thinking that one month from now, I'm going to be back to France and one month is all I have left with Alexander.

I'm not ready to leave. Alexander and I became so close, we understand each other more now. We can communicate without words. We always know what we're thinking by just giving each other a look.

I spent a lot of time with him when he was supposed to be resting. And with Amelia, of course.

Alexander is like a completely different person. He's a changed guy. He loves to play with his sister and she loves his attention.

They're slowly, but surely, building up a relationship of a brother and sister they should have had before I even came here.

But my time is up now. Amelia is going to go to kindergarten in the autumn, so I won't be needed anymore.

Rosalyn and I talked about it. She said I could stay here for how long I want. But as grateful as I was, I still had to go back home. This isn't my home and I wouldn't be comfortable staying here on their expense.

Funny how I haven't been thinking about France being my home for a long time now.

But I'm a stronger person and I need to go deal with my own life I tried to escape from. I can't be running my whole life. This is not a life to live.

Alexander and I talked about me leaving, too. Once only. Because after he couldn't persuade me to stay, he locked himself in the bathroom for three hours, refusing to talk to me.

And when he came out, he was still sulking. It's hard for me, too, but he has to understand that it was never in my plan to stay here forever. I mean, this is a family that I came to know very well but it's a family that doesn't owe me anything.

If anything, I owe them for changing my life, letting me grow stronger.

Sam was devastated when I told her I only have one month until I go back home. We were both crying about it. We formed a deep friendship here and I'm going to miss her as much as I'm going to miss Alexander and everyone else.