XLII.

I go after Alexander and only catch him when he's upstairs already

I go after Alexander and only catch him when he's upstairs already. "Alexander!" I call after him again, but he doesn't stop. He doesn't even turn around to look at me.

I huff. When we come to his room, Alexander steps in and finally turns to look at me, standing by the door now, holding it open with an inviting smile. "I'm gonna take a shower. Wanna join?" He gives me a heart-splitting and eye-blinding smile.

I inhale sharply, pressing my lips together. All his skin that's on display is inviting my eyes to look at it and my hands to touch it. "Yes," I say, not even knowing what I'm saying yes to anymore.

Until I see the amusement on his face. He raises his eyebrows and his smile grows bigger.

Oh. Oh! Oh, God. "No! I mean no!" I close my eyes and rub my face in mortification. I can feel how hot it's getting. "God, no," I say, disgusted. "Why do you have to be so inappropriate all of the time?" I sound like a child now. Or a twelve-year-old who heard the word sex come out of a grown-up and has to pretend she heard it for the first time and doesn't know what it means.

Alexander's eyebrows raise up even higher. "Me? Inappropriate? You just agreed to take a shower with me. And then I'm the inappropriate one!" He says the last part like he's outraged by it.

My face probably looks like a tomato right now. "I wasn't agreeing to ... that!" My cheeks flame even more if that's even possible. And then the image of Alexander's hot, wet and completely naked body standing in the shower while water runs down his skin flashes in front of my eyes.

I think I moan out loud because Alexander looks at me in a weird way.

I need to go. I need to go the hell away from here and him.

"I'm not even going to ask what you're thinking right now ... although I've got a pretty good idea," Alexander says with a tight voice, all traces of his playfulness and smile is now gone, replaced by a very dark and hungry look on his face.

Oh. Dear. God. Forgive me for I'm about to sin.

"Uhm ..." If I were a dog, I'd start digging a hole and bury myself into it.

Alexander wraps his hand around my neck – oh, God, can he feel how hot it is? – and pulls me forward, pressing his lips right on my ear. "I'm having the same thoughts about you, too, Little one."

I put my hand on the doorframe so I don't crash down on the floor. My knees are so weak, they literally feel like jello. Is this normal? Can one person really have that kind of effect on you?

"I'm ... going to, uhm, go now ... I think," my voice comes out barely a whisper and so unsure and lost it even surprises me.

How funny it is that I can have witty comebacks when I'm playing around with him, but as soon as he says something and throws me off guard, I turn into a blabbering mess who can't draft their thoughts together properly.