XVIII.

Sam drags me further into the house

Sam drags me further into the house. I put the cup someone put in my hand before somewhere on the counter, not even bothering to find out what's inside. I'm not stupid enough to drink something a complete stranger gives me.

I know what happens at the parties. I've heard stories, I've even seen some of the stuff happen.

There are so many new faces here. There are teenagers here who, at the first look, I'd say they're 14 and then there are people who I'd say they're close to 30. But that's probably just by the looks.

It doesn't surprise me that girls reveal a lot and are dressed in small dresses or clothes that don't cover much.

A girl passes by me and she's topless. I avert my eyes as fast as I can.

Or they're not wearing anything.

And I'm not judging since I'm wearing this small dress myself that reveals more than I usually want to show. It screams that's not me louder than even I could scream with my mouth.

Sam finds Snake. She releases my hand and wraps her arms around him. They get to have a full make-out session right in front of me and in front of around 80 other people.

And because my life couldn't get better, Alexander shows up right in front of me. It's too late for me to turn around and run in the other direction because he already spotted me.

I'm thankful he fully ignores me. He only gave me a glance that didn't even last a second, just to acknowledge my presence and then greeted Sam and Snake with their handshake. I watch it, trying to remember what they do with their hands, how they twist them and their fingers, but I quickly get lost.

Someone puts a drink in my hand again and I have to grab it if I don't want it to drop on the floor and spill everything out. "Drink up, gorgeous. It'll put a smile on your face," a guy says close to my ear, caressing my arm.

It makes chills run down my body and I shiver in disgust. I don't get to look at him because he goes away too fast (thankfully), I only see his back, staring at the bright red shirt he's wearing.

When I look back, Alexander and Sam are talking. Well, mostly Alexander is talking, Sam is listening to him with her arms crossed in front of her, nodding her head. They moved away from us a bit, probably talking about something none of us should hear.

No surprise here. They could be talking right in front of me and I wouldn't even care that much. And I wouldn't even tell a single soul – because who do I have to tell to?

Exactly.

I put the cup closer to my nose to smell the drink. It actually smells pretty good. This one is red and has that fruity smell, strawberries maybe?

I don't know why, but as if I felt his eyes, I lift mine to stare right at Alexander who's staring at me with narrowed eyes and a pointed stare. Sam looks at me, too, and comes to me.