Chapter 5

Nathan immediately launches forward to wrap his arms around me protectively and rubbing two hands over my neck and back. I close my eyes, engulfing myself in his familiar scent as I cry in his embrace. It doesn't take long for me to calm down again, the tears soon stopping to roll downy cheeks. Nathan releases me from the tight hug, looking deep into my eyes with concern as he gently removes a few tears from my face with a small smile.

"Sky, baby, what's wrong?", He asks, his eyebrows deeply furrowed. "It's just... You know... The doctor, he said that...", I pause, I huge lump forming in my throat and making it hard to talk and the constant hiccuping from crying isn't making it any easier.

"Calm down. Take a few deep breaths.", Nathan instructs while gripping my neck firmly and massaging it, easing the pain from my throat slightly. I take my time to breathe before attempting another explaining-try.

"The doctor said there's a way to get my hearing back.", I whisper, trying to read Nathan's facial expression which seemed more blank than anything. Suddenly, life seems to rush back into my boyfriend and his face lights up and brows rise, the green fire in his eyes sparking with energy. "That's great! Sky, that's great!", He cheers, gripping my hips and lifting me off the ground to spin me around. Surprised, I cling to his neck, afraid that he'll drop me unintentionally.

"Nathan!", I gasp, resting my jaw on his shoulder while he carefully placed me on my feet again. "I'm sorry.", He looks at me with an apologetic grin. "Now tell me, your family is worried as well.", He points at the three people standing behind me with eager expressions.

I sigh, a little scared of how they'd react, would they understand my fear or expect me to do the surgery? I blink slowly, trying to calm my beating heart and telling my family about the details Dr Sheppard had explained to me. Although I did leave out one little thing and that's the risk. If my parents 'allow' me to do it, I'm not going to tell them about that.

"But Sky, that's totally awesome! Why didn't you tell us earlier, like, right away?", Alex asks with a confused yet cheerful expression. "Surprise?", I shrug, smiling apologetic. My parents both step closer to me, my dad placing a hand on my shoulder like father's do, mom pressing a soft kiss on my forehead. "We will support you with any decision you will make, honey.", She says, running a gentle hand through my hair and pushing it back a little.

"Thank you, mom.", I smile at her and my dad, flinching as a hand took a hold of mine. I turn to face Nathan, a smug smirk on his lips. Wondering what he might be thinking, I lean against him, relieve washing over me. I'm glad I finally talked to them, the whole day at Claire's made me want them to know about it.

"But Sky.", Nathan's smile faded a little as he tilts his head slightly, "why were you so stressed about it? Is there something you want to tell me? Or us." Why does he have to question me? I know my lack of 'jumping in the air in happiness' seems a little suspicious.

"I'm just really overwhelmed! That's all.", I partly lie, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. Nathan's head bobs up and he looks at my mom's face before nodding and adverting his beautiful eyes back on me. "Let's go upstairs until dinner is ready.", Without another word he pulls me out of the entrance hallway and up the stairs towards my room, closing the door behind him.

I sit down on my mattress, Nathan soon joining me with a concerned look on his face. "What's wrong, baby?", He asks, expecting the truth from me. "Nothing, just-", I get interrupted by a painful sensation on my forehead, seeing Nathan retreat his hand after flicking me in the forehead. I rub the tingling spot, staring at him wide-eyed.

"What did I tell you about lying to me?", He doesn't seem angry, nor irritated but he has that firm glint in his eyes. "It's just... I'm scared of getting the surgery.", I rub my hands together nervously. "Is there another reason?", He tries to dig deeper. "Well, you know... There's... A risk... And...", I stutter not sure how I should tell him.

"Every surgery is kinda risky.", He's reacting the same way Claire did. I take a last deep breath before really telling him the truth and to my surprise, he was oddly quiet for a while. "Well that's... A hard decision.", He admits, a finger rubbing over his chin thoughtfully. "How about forgetting about that for now?", Nathan asks with a smirk before launching himself at me and knocking me down on my back.

"That's your idea of forgetting, isn't it?", I ask after he placed a kiss on my lips. "It worked a few times before, or did it not?", I can feel him smirk into the kiss after I pull him back down. "I take that as a yes.", He grins, rolling off of me and laying down next to me, scooting me closer into his arms, my head rested on his chest. His hand rubs over my back, sending shivers down my spine and into my limbs. I draw small circles on his stomach, letting my fingers swirl around over the soft fabric.

It feels good to just lay next to him, not even talk just cuddle, maybe even kiss every once in a while. "I'm so happy to have you.", I whisper, not looking up though. We've been together for a few weeks now, but I still can't get over saying such embarrassing things. Nathan's chest vibrates as he chuckles, his other hand ruffling through my hair and a pair of lips pressing against the top of my head. I can't help but smile, continuing to draw imaginary things on his upper body, including a heart, a 'N' and a star.

Gosh, I love this guy so much and it hasn't even been long.

#################$#######$$#$#####$$

You guys, I'm sooooooooooo soooorrryyyy! I hope you can forgive me and find it in your heart to vote and comment on this incredibly short chapter. Again, I'm sorry!