Chapter 16

"Then I'll call him first thing on Monday.", she states with a dead serious expression before bringing her attention back to us. "I'm sorry, I haven't even asked you guys if you had breakfast yet. Can I get you something?", the tiredness had completely left her and she seems almost hyper. "I don't know, do you want something specific?", I ask my boyfriend,who simply shrugs and adds a quick "Cereal is fine.". So we both grab a bowl and pour some milk and cheerios into it before heading up the stairs with our food. I'm glad I didn't have to sit down with my parents, I mean I love them and all, but I hate those looks we would get sometimes.

"I love your parents, they're great!", he laughs as he sat down on my floor, waiting for me to join him. "Honestly, they're kinda weird sometimes.", I admit,stuffing a spoon full of cereal into my mouth, savoring the cold and sweet taste of the honey flavored goods. "That's just how parents are, I guess.", he chuckles and we fall into silence while both eating our breakfast. It wasn't uncomfortable and we'd smile at each other every once in a while. This is also one of the things I appreciate about him, he doesn't always need words to express himself, his face is so easy to read sometimes and then other times,it's like staring at a book in a foreign language. He's so interesting.

"Oh, do you want to ask them about next week? If they're okay with you coming with me.", he smiles before continuing, "And we'll be staying at my grandparents house though we'd most likely sleep over at my friends places. If that's okay for you. We can always drive back home should you feel uncomfortable, okay? I want you to always talk to me. And be honest."The longer he talked the more serious his face got until he was almost frowning at me. "I will don't worry. You wait here, I'll ask them real quick, okay.", he nods and I couldn't quite place the look he's giving me. Like he's unsure about actually taking me with him. Is it because of his ex? Or maybe another guy?

I grab both of our empty bowls and leave with a last honey flavored kiss, swiftly heading for the kitchen where both of my parents are still sitting, the mugs in front of them long empty but a heated discussion keeping them glued on their chairs. "Mom, Dad, there's another thing I wanted to ask you guys. Nathan is visiting his hometown for a week and asked if I want to tag along, you know, meet his friends since he already knows mine." They exchange a few looks and asking me various questions,such as "Where are you going to stay?", "Who's taking care of you?", "How far is it from here?" and so on, you get the point.

As the glance at each other one last time, I start to get nervous, wondering if they'd actually make me stay at home or not. "Yeah, I think a week outside of this town would be good for you, see new things and meet new people. Promise me to call and text every once in a while, okay? Just because you're not at home doesn't mean we don't exist anymore, understood?", my dad clarified, earning a wide smile and a cheerful "Yes, sir.".Personally, I didn't like calling my dad sir, but every once in awhile it's funny. He smiles and nods, somewhat dismissing me from the conversation. I put the bowls and spoons into the dish washer and almost sprint up the stairs.

Nathan already greeted me with a smile so I'm assuming he heard our conversation. "Awesome, I'm looking forward to it.", he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer by my hips and launching directly for my lips. His sudden movement caught me off guard and I utter a surprised "Oh" into the kiss but adjust to it soon after, leaning in and slightly against him. He feels so good, the way his tongue dances with mine, how our lips work with each other in harmony and how is hands would occasionally pull us a little bit closer, until there was no space left to fill.

I can feel his hand wandering to the small of my back, applying pressure to it and taking a step back,making me follow suit. Knowing what and where he wants to go I break the kiss, slightly out of breath. "Not here.", I whisper, resting my forehead against his. He nods but captures my lips once more for a breathtaking kiss. God dammit, I know what I said and even so I can't help but guide us to the bed myself. He wasn't surprised, I knew he wasn't because I can feel him smirk into the kiss as he somewhat stumbles and falls onto the mattress with me straddling his lap. I want to stop, want to tell him to quit doing this to me but I can't. As odd as it may sound, I couldn't break that kiss.

Quietly moaning into it as his hand slips under my shirt and trace over my skin, forming goosebumps where his warm slender fingers touched. "Nathan.", I call out to him as we come to a halt for a second. "What's wrong, baby?", he asks,brushing a strand of hair out of my face. "I love you.", I'm not even sure if I said that out loud or simply mouthed it but he understood and smiled, closing the space between our lips again. It was at that moment I suddenly realized just how much I was trembling,my fingers shaky as I entangled one hand into the mess of hair on his head, earning a soundless moan, a huff of air. I tug at a few strands, roughly this time and the body underneath me moved up against me. Sensitive scalp, I'll have to remember that.

Out of no where, Nathan suddenly jerks up, breaking the kiss and knocking his forehead against my nose,causing a sharp pain to strike me. I turn to look at what his clouded green eyes are staring at behind me and almost suffer a heart attack. Faster than I could have ever imagined, I jump off of his lap and stare at the girl with a pleading look. "Alex, please don't tell mom and dad. Please.", I beg, feeling the heat raise in my face,mostly cheeks. She grins but nods in understanding. "Don't worry,like I'd ever sell you out. By the way, you might want to lock the door from now on, just saying. Actually, Mom wanted to come up here to ask if Nathan wants to stay for lunch but asked me instead. So you're pretty lucky.", her grin widens before leaving both of us standing, or rather sitting there, puzzled and embarrassed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wonder if they would have done sex if she didn't interrupt.. Guess we'll never find out muahahahaha!