Chapter 42

Nathan smirks, nodding at the grinning nurse. I think they're teaming up against me!

"Sky.", I shiver at the way he whispers my name close to my ear and hesitantly turn to face him. He smiles, probably at my weird reaction.

"You should get ready now, need any help?", he asks innocently, his voice sweeter than before.

"No, I think I'll manage.", he nods again, planting a moist kiss on my cheek before letting me slip out of the bed. Park is already there to help me with the annoying IV cord and that damn stand it comes with. Looking behind me, I notice the bag is almost empty, just dangling from it like a squeezed out puppy. Okay, that's a terrible comparison!

Just standing makes my head feel like it's exploding. There's so much pressure on my ears and brain, it's almost too much but I decide to play over it until Dr Whitefield comes to check on me, I'm sure he will subscribe me some pain killers.

Park helps me over to the bathroom which is really only a few meters away from the bed but each step feels like a dagger being plunged into my head. As I finally reach my destination, Iimmediately lean against the closed shower door, giving the nurse a smile so he won't worry.

"Need any more help?", he asks, his warm hand resting on my shoulder. I shake my head, trying to do so as lightly as possible.

"Okay, call me anytime.", he gives my shoulder a quick squeeze, arranging the cord again before leaving me alone in the bathroom and closing the door quietly behind him.

With a soundless groan I force myself towards the toilet, peeing was long overdo! After that I wash my hands and prepare my toothbrush for regular usage but the headache is getting more and more intense until I can't even keep my eyes open anymore. Where is this coming from? Is this normal?

I clench my temples with both hands, burying my face into them and trying not to scream. It'll pass, headaches always pass, right? Slowly, I remove my hands, trying to pick up the previously dropped toothbrush to at least finish getting ready. The pain hasn't subsided and an odd pressure is building up inside my ears. It almost feels like being on a plane during take off, but with a lot more pain and discomfort.

The taste of mint isn't making it better, it just adds some nausea to it all. After a minute or so, I give up, giving it my best as I bend over to wash out my mouth and toothbrush. Standing back up, sharp stings start to make my vision blurry. I stumble back, tears dripping down my cheeks in desperation. Why is this happening? Everything was okay, why now?

"N-Nathan.", it's nothing more than a whisper and I have to really strain myself to produce sounds that are actually audible for the human ear, especially if it's on the other side of a door.

"Nathan!", it's about as loud as a normal conversation with a hint of choking but the pain is unbearable. I drop to my knees just in time to see my boyfriend rip the door open with panic, his eyes immediately dropping down to my miserable self.

"Sky, what's wrong?", I flinch at the volume of his voice, my face still have buried in the palms of my hands.

"H-headache.", I mange to squeeze out between short breathes.

"It's okay, I'll call Dr Whitefield right away, stay put.", the panic and worry in his voice almost crushes my heart and I feel bad for scaring him like that, I mean it's just a headache nothing dramatic. He doesn't dare to touch me, probably too scared of actually hurting me and my pulsing body, instead he gets up and quickly rushes out of the bathroom.

I can hear him yelling for my doctor to hurry up and soon enough, they both come running in making even more sounds that hurt my ears. Flinching I close my eyes, pulling myself closer together until I'm all curled up.

"Skylar, what's wrong? Do you have a migraine?", he asks, trying to pry my hands out of my face. I nod, the movement alone hurting like hell.

The older man forces my right eye open, flashing a light into it before allowing me to close it again with a groan. It hurts, the brightness of the light hurts. Unfortunately, he did the exact same thing with my other eye causing more tears to stream down my already sticky cheeks.

"I will you give you something to ease the pain but it may cause you to feel sick or loose consciousness, okay? Can you stand up?", I shake my head and soon after, two strong arms pull me up and against a familiar chest. Nathan. I bury my face in the soft fabric of his shirt to shield my eyes from any light entering from the big window on the other side of my room. He gently places me back on the bed.

"Nathan.", I whisper, trying to find his hand without having to look for it. He grasps mine, giving it a tight squeeze.

"You'll be fine, Dr Whitefield will be back in just a second.", I didn't even realize that he left.

"I'm sorry.", my voice is quiet in an attempt to not hurt myself, but so is his as he answers with slight confusion.

"For what? Everything's fine, he'll give you something for the pain and maybe we can leave soon after. And if you don't want to deal with people right now you just have to tell me, okay? We can go to my place and lay in bed for the rest of the day, if that's what you prefer.", I can't help but smile at his cute response. The door opens again, causing me to jerk in surprise. I'm not quite used to hearing but not seeing to be honest.

"Skylar, I'll be injecting this medication now.", Dr Whitefield warns, closer than I'd expect before slowly plunging a needle into my right arm. I hiss at the sudden sting but everything's better than this devastating headache.

Silence covers the room as we all wait for the drug to kick in, although I would love to know what this is cause not even five minutes later I can feel the pain subsiding and the stinging finally stopping. What a wonder!

I carefully open my eyes again, staring up into Nathan's, who looks at me with thick worry coating his facial features. Forcing a small smile, I turn my head to glance over at Dr Whitefield and Park, both watching me with those calculating expressions.

"How are you feeling?", the older man asks, taking a small step forward.

"Better, a bit dizzy but definitely better.", I reply, sighing with relief that whatever happened there earlier isover.

"Could something like that happen again?", I take my turn in asking him questions, earning a shrug from him and a nod from Park who is standing slightly behind him.

"That could be but I'll be giving you something in case that should happen again. But please be careful with these pills, in the wrong dosage you might not wake up again. It's a very powerful medication and I want you to give them to your parents, not only considering your past records.", I stare at him in utter shock, not being able to believe what he had just said.

"E-excuse me.", I whisper, anger making my voice shaky.

"I'm sorry but as a doctor I need full access to your medicinal background and you were here before because of sleeping pill overdose.", he seems unfazed about it, like it's nothing out of the ordinary.

"I won't do that again.", I manage to choke out, too uncomfortable to peak at Nathan on the other side of the bed.

"I sure hope so. Then, Park please remove the IV and wait another ten minutes in case the medication triggers side effects if everything stays clear you can send him home, understood?", the doctor receives a nod from the nurse who's trying his best not to glare at him.

"It's been a pleasure, Skylar. Should there be any complications feel free to call and make an appointment. I want you to come back in one to two weeks to remove the bandages and a final check up but you could also go to your regular doctor. Sheppard should know how to handle things from here.", he holds his hand towards me and I reluctantly shake it, muttering a silent 'thank you'.

......................…….……
Omg! You guys I'm so so sorry! Here, please have this peace offering!
I hope you like it though and feel free to vote and comment 😊