Chapter 19

I let the family have their reunion while eating cake and drinking coffee, watching the new faces for awhile. They all do look kinda alike, the green eyes are definitely from the grandfather's side, the black, or in Dian's case dark brown, hair from the grandma's. Nathan must have noticed my careful scanning of the other members and taps my shoulder. "Are you okay?", he asks, tilting his head to the right slightly while keeping his warm hand where it was. "I'm fine.", I flash him a quick beam before focusing back on my cake, finishing it and waiting for the others to sort of tell me what to do next.

"Thanny, could you lend me a hand with the dishes?", his grandma, who's name is Bertha (can't believe how long it took me to figure that one out) gets up from her seat directly across from mine. I immediately place a hand on his thigh stopping him in mid-rise. "I'll help her. I want you to spend time with your family.", I giggle at his puzzled expression,daring to say that I saw the hint of tears in the corners of his eyes. "Thank you so much.", he plants a kiss on my lips, rubbing over my cheek gently as he did so. "No need to thank me.", I get from my chair, grabbing mine and Nathan's plate and following the woman to the kitchen next door. "Sky, I have to say, you're such a nice and polite guy.", she leans against the counter of the (to my surprise) completely renovated and modern kitchen held in black and dark marble. "Thank you ma'am.", I open the dish washer, placing the items I'm holding in it before heading back to the living room to retreat the rest.

Bertha had started washing the knifes and various other baking utensils which probably don't belong in a dish washer, so I grab a towel to start and dry them off. She just shakes her head and points towards the three men sitting at the table. "Bernie will do the rest, it's our little rule.", she chuckles and I can't help but admire their relationship even though I hardly know them, they seem some what perfect and harmonized. "But I'd love to show you where you two will be sleeping. You have the option on either sleeping together or separately but I'm guessing you guys get along good enough to be sharing a bed, right?", she winks , causing me to slightly blush and nod. My heart aching for a second. My mom would have most likely asked us to sleep in separate bedrooms.

I watch her finish the rest, feeling bad for not helping her. After that she leads me to the hallway where our suitcases are still standing. Not wanting her to hurt herself while trying to carry one of them up the stairs, I quickly grab both of them. She does eye me for a second with glassy blue eyes behind thin glasses but decides not to say anything and instead lead me up the stairs. Their house really is huge! There are at least six more rooms up here! The hallways dark blue carpet leads all the way along the last light brown door, the other rooms lined up next and across from each other.

She opens the door closest to the staircase, much to my luck since our luggage is super heavy. The guest room is decent, not too much decorated but with style. A huge King sized bed at the far left corner with two nightstands on each side, a large wooden closet on the opposite and a couch next to it with a little coffee table in front of it. It kinda reminds you of a hotel , not very big but in it's own way perfect. There's also another door to which I'm guessing the bathroom. I place the suitcases in the middle of the room on the light gray carpet and turn to face the elderly woman.

"I hope this is okay for you.", how could this not be okay for me, it's freaking awesome. "Of course,thank you so much for having me, Mrs. Walker.", I awkwardly bows lightly, not very visible but still weird. "Oh please, call me Bertha , I don't want to feel even older. I always wonder how Elizabeth keeps dealing with costumers.", I nod, taking another quick swift through the room and noticing multiple pictures on the wall next to the bed, wanting to check them out later. As I turn my attention back to the woman in front of me, I notice her rather troubled expression. "Skylar, there's one more thing, I'm not sure how to tell you this or even if I should. Did Nathaniel ever mention something happening here? Something bad?", she asks,sighing deeply as my eyes widen. Didn't he tell me about that incident with his stepdad, wasn't that here, at his grandparents house?

"Uhm, do you mean the... thing with his stepdad?", her expression drops to pure desperation, as she nods. "Exactly. I was so scared when it happened and I somewhat expected him to never show up here but I'm guessing you build up his courage to come back.". I did? Why me? "I'm pretty sure he didn't need my help for that.", I chuckle slightly but she immediately shakes her head. "You don't understand, he changed so much! He wasn't this nice, this gentle and loving before. He was rough, didn't smile much and sure as hell didn't care about others.", her words stung my heart so bad, as I remember the Nathan That I had first met at the bus stop.

"Why?", I manage to choke out,noticing a tear roll down Berthas cheek. "You see, the guy he was with before-", she suddenly stops in mid-sentence and thrashes around to a some what annoyed looking Nathan. I swallow at the face he's giving his grandma and the irritation to the two of us. I wonder for how long he had been standing there. "Nathan.", I whisper , not knowing what else to say. "Gamma, you make it sound like I was an asshole.", he chuckles and starts to walk towards me.I feel bad for talking about him behind his back, a sudden uneasiness washing over me with the way his steps draw closer to me. Was I afraid? No, it's not that, I feel guilty.

"I'm sorry, we shouldn't have talked about this without your agreement first.", I apologize as he stops in front of me. His eyes widen for a second and I'm really not sure why but soon after guilt, happiness and the same dorky smile appear on his face making me feel so much butter already. "It's Fine baby, I shouldn't have eavesdropped on you guys, Gamma was just worrying about me.", it's almost as if he's talking to himself,saying these things of comfort to himself. "We still should have asked you first.", he pulls me closer by my waist, wrapping his arms around it and placing his soft, warm lips on mine. Nathan, being the demanding person he is, deepens it right away and I'm almost embarrassed to do this in front of the woman still standing there.

I move my lips, my tongue in the same rhythm creating that beloved harmony between us. We slowly part,looking deep into each others eyes and grinning like the fools we are. "I could, show the rest of the house if you want to? The Others won't be coming for another two hours.", he offers, taking my hand in his before continuing, "Or you could lay down for a little nap, since we won't be sleeping much the next few days."Winking, he let's go off me completely, turning back to face Bertha. I don't know what he's saying but the brightening expression on her face is enough to know that he's his normal self again. But what is his normal self when even his family is amazed by his sudden change in character. "How about nap and house tour?", I ask, once she had left and closed the door behind us. "I'm fine with whatever you choose.", he kisses the tip of my nose and I giggle. How often has it been like this before? We do the exact same thing over andover again and it still doesn't get old.

#############
Heii guys! How have you been? Frankly, I'm soo stressed out right now! I have a math exam tomorrow and I barely even understand the shit we're doing. I just want to cry!! I hope you are doing better than me and have a great day and a great next day aaaand an overall awesome week!