Chapter 10

She just laughs, protecting the device with her life, squirming as her son starts to tickle the side of her body, both of them seeming to enjoying themselves. I can't help but laugh as well, the scene in front of me reminding me of a movie I've watched a while ago. A few moments later, Nathan skips back over to me, waving the phone of his mother in his hands and a look of satisfaction on his face. "I know your code, mother, I'm the one who put it in there remember?", he states, sitting down next to me and opening the gallery to search for the pictures she took of us and sure enough, there are at least five of them from just know, then multiple from when we were all standing in the kitchen together. I didn't know she took pictures of us!

He scrolls through them but I have to say, they're actually pretty cute. The one from the kitchen is us hugging and leaning in for a kiss with these idiotic looks on our faces, these grins that never seemed to go away when we glance at each other. "Don't delete them, I kinda like them.", I mumble, staring at the screen. Nathan opens the messenger instead,clicking on his name and sending himself the pictures over her mother's phone and sure enough, the device in his own pocket vibrates against my thigh and he takes it out, unlocking it and handing it tome. I've never used his before which doesn't mean I don't know what to to do, but rather what not to.

I open the messenger,searching for my chat which was saved under the name "Baby" with a red heart. Blushing I sneak a pick over at him but he's focused on his mothers phone. I click on my chat, sending myself the pictures Liza took but as I swipe down his gallery, I notice more photos of us, most of them with me sleeping either on his chest, or my head rested on his lap. Does he literally take one whenever I'm with him?Without saying something, I send these as well, the phone in my pocket and my watch vibrating multiple times.

As I want to hand him his phone back, it vibrates and the name "Leslie", appears at the top with the beginning of a message.

Hey dude, did you ask your lover if he wants to co...

Lover? Does he mean me? "Uhm, you got a message.", I hand him back his phone and he grins as soon as he reads the text he got. "It's my friend Leslie, she wants to know if you want to know if you want to come with me when I visit them in two weeks. It'd be cool if you could.", he smiles, showing me the full message.

Hey dude, did you ask your lover if he wants to come with you?We really want to meet him so you shouldn't keep him for yourself lol!

So Leslie's a she and she seems nice. "I think it'd be cool to meet your friends and examine the birthplace the great Nathan.", I joke, earning a bright smile. "Do you want to text her yourself?", he holds his phone back in my direction and I take it with a shrug.

Hey Leslie, this is the lover lol. I'd love to go, I just have to check it out with my parents but I don't think that should be a problem. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

The response didn't take long.

Skylar! I didn't think you would answer yourself, that's so cool! How are you doing? Are you and Nathan getting along, he can be a little hard headed and annoying sometimes, so don't be too hard on him, okay? He's a great guy and he deserves all the best and so I think do you, so you guys should be perfect for each other! Can't wait to finally meet you!

I can't help but giggle lightly. She really seems like a nice person, I think I could get along with her,she's must be like a Claire for Nathan.

I know, he's awesome and he's not even that hard headed maybe when he really wants something lol. Don't worry, I will never hurt him! I love him too much for that! I'm looking forward to meeting you as well!

I blush at as I click send, knowing that a few weeks ago I would have never written something like that. As I check the time, my eyes widen, it's already 6pm, my parents are probably wondering where I am. "Nathan.", he lifts his gaze and looks at me. "I have to head home, it's already late.", I smile lightly, getting up from the couch to head upstairs. My watch vibrates and next to the dozen pictures I send myself there's also one from Anna, I read it while entering Nathans room.

You just shocked him even more, now you really have a fan or two if I may add, I really like your name as well. And we'd love to come unfortunately Timmy won't be here next week but I'd love to come with you.

So this is really it, I will tell her and she will see us behave like a couple. I change pants and fold the pair of sweats neatly to place them on his bed. Or will we even behave like a couple? I mean, it's a public place and there will be a lot of parents since it's incredibly hot outside these days.

With a few last kisses and a tight hug, I leave the Walker's house and head for my own, my family already sitting at the dinner table. "We thought you might eat or sleep over at Nathan's.", my mom states, smiling as she gets up to get me a plate with food and a glass of water. "I'm sorry I didn't text or anything.", I apologize, sitting down at the table with the others.

In the end, my sister agreed to come with us on Tuesday, surprised that I'm okay with going to a public place. Most of the night I texted back and forth with Mika and Claire and of course Nathan, both of wondering why I didn't just sleep over at his place. I also replied to Anna's message, nervous about our encounter in a few days, I hope she'll be okay with it. And, what I also thought of, she doesn't even know I'm deaf, so there are quite a few things I have to explain. But that's a problem for another day, Tuesday to be precise, so I simply try not to think about it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Look at me being all nice and updating two days in a row! 😝😝