Chapter 47

I wake up to a light tap on my shoulder which soon turns into a rougher shake. The more odder thing about this is that I can hear my name being hissed in a muffled and quiet matter.

"Sky, wake up! Skylar.", I recognize Claire's voice, her whisper screaming rings in my ears.

"What?", I groan, turning around in a pair of arms which are holding me in a tight grip.

"Leslie's fighting. She's on the phone with someone. I think his name is Dean.", she informs, worry in her eyes as mine open in shock.

"Dean?", I can barely stay silent, the thought of her having trouble with that guy makes my stomach churn.

"Yeah, they're talking about you two. Do you know him?", she asks, kneeling down in front of my bed.

"Yeah, he's Nathan's ex.", as on cue the boy behind me removes his arms, turning around so his back is facing us, soft snoring making his chest vibrate.

"What? Does Nathan still have contact with him?", I sit up, stretching my arms above my head, satisfied with the small Crack of my back.

"Yeah, they're sort of still friends, I guess. But he's an awful guy.", I get up from my bed, making sure Nathan is fully covered with the blanket before leaving the room with her.

"Leave them the fuck alone, Dean. I'm not telling you again! He's happy, okay? Why can't you understand that?", I hear Leslie yelling as we exit the house through the back, seeing her sit on the porch with her back facing us.

"I'm not shitting with you, man!", she starts pulling her own hair in frustration, a muffled voice answering through the speaker of her phone.

"You can apologize to him all you want but that won't change anyhting. Sorry, but you messed it up all by yourself.", he wants to get back with Nathan?

"No you can not talk to him!... Yeah I know he blocked your number, I told him to do that.", the girl gets up, jumping down the porch to walk along the garden.

"I'm not the asshole here, Dean.", suddenly, she turns around, eyes widening when she sees us stand there.

"I have to go. Bye.", guilt washes over me for eavesdropping as she marches back over to us.

"I'm sorry.", I whisper, lowering my head slightly.

"It's fine, just don't tell Nathan about this, he doesn't know how desperate Dean has become over the time.", Leslie sighs, ruffling through her hair and checking her phone again.

"So, Dean's his ex? But doesn't he know he's taken?", I bet Claire must be quite confused.

"Yeah, but he just won't give up, that son of a bitch.", she presses through gritted teeth.

"You guys seem quite... Mad at him. Did something happen?", I exchange a few looks with Leslie who shakes her head.

"Let's just say Nathan didn't have it easy with him.", she cuts the conversation by heading back inside and up the stairs, the two of us following her quietly. It's odd that Claire isn't trying to stick her nose into the subject, she never lets stuff drop this easily.

"I was wondering where you guys went.", I jump at the deep and rough morning voice coming from behind me.

"Oh good morning.", I turn around to see a shirtless Nathan exit the bathroom, my gaze wandering down to his bruise which looks way better now.

"Did you guys go for a morning walk or something?", he questions, a bit suspicious if you ask me. Nevertheless, he still wraps his arms around me, placing each of his hands on my hips and carefully nudging me closer to him.