Chapter 37

Opening my eyes again with an almost steady breathing, I look at Claire who is still smiling at me from a bit below, this time actually talking to me again. "Good job! You did so good!", she says before drawing me in for a hug. I glance over her shoulder at the boy with sad and terrified green eyes, their fire dim and barely noticeable. Forcing a small smile, I blink at him and nod, trying to get him to understand that I'm better. Claire peels herself out of the hug and looks at me.

"Take a deep deep breath.", she instructs and I do as I'm told, this time actually being able to it hold for a few seconds before letting it out slowly. We repeat this exercise a few times until I'm almost completely calm.

"Thank you!", I whisper, earning a wide smile from the blonde girl in front of me. "No problem, hot stuff! I'm always here for you.", she gets up and slowly pulls me to my feet as well. Only then, my parents and Alex walk over to us but I know for a fact that they must have been here for a few minutes now. They trust Claire since she always knows how to react when I go through something like this and I admire her for this! She means so much to me!

"Awesome! You have survived!", she cheers, holding up her hand to high-five me. I chuckle as I do the same, finally turning my attention back to my boyfriend, glad that my heart doesn't hurt anymore although it still beats a bit faster than it should be.

"I'm sorry you had to see this.", I apologize, the fact that I still panic so easily is morethan embarrassing. "No, I'm sorry I couldn't help you through this! I promise I will learn how to help you with this!", he seems tired, guilty and endlessly sad. I smile and slowly walk myself into his arms which immediately wrap around me, his face buried in my shoulder.

We stay like this for a few seconds before breaking the hug. "Are you ready?", he asks with a reassuring smile as I grin a bit unsure. I guess there is no backing out of it now. He takes my hand and squeezes it tightly, signaling me that he is here for me. My family asks me about a dozen times if I'm okay or if I really want to go through with all of this. And the question is obvious, of course I do! This vulnerability needs to stop, it just keeps on destroying me. Plus, having a panic attack in front of the person you love is really kind of sucky!

My whole flock follows us inside, my dad shouldering my bag for me while I just concentrate on not ending up like I did before again. It doesn't take long for someone to approach us with a familiar wide smile. "Skylar, how are you?", it's Park, the Asian boy who introduced himself as my nurse for the next few days. "Hey, I'm... good. And you?", I ask politely, earning a nod and the same blink from yesterday. "I'm good to. I was excited for you to get here! I set up your room and since I thought that maybe the cute guy over there would want to stay over night as well, I added a second bed. Although you could always share one.", he winks at the two of us, causing me to blush.

"Uhm... thank you.", I look over at Nathan who just smiled at him. Good that we brought some clothes for him as well. Claire nudges my sleeve and I turn my head to look at her. "I call dips on your bed tomorrow night! The last cuddle with my deaf little bro!", she cheers, clapping her hands. "Sure, I guess.", I actually miss cuddling with her, it's been quite a while now but at least I wasn't lonely. I glance at Nathan who chuckles at the sight before him.

"What a slumber party!", Park says as soon as I looked back up front. "Then let's get to your room. Follow me.", he blinks and grins, way too hyper if you ask me! We all follow him to the elevator which was already packed before we even squeezed into the big room and exiting at the third floor. Third love isn't too bad, maybe I even have a balcony just like the last time I had to spend a few days here. Park leads us through empty hallways which made sense, since the upper floors are for the patients to sleep and stay at, unlike downstairs with all the emergencies and stuff.

He points at a door, wanting me to open the door myself. And I get why because I always die of an heart attack at the three people already standing inside the room, a small, young boy sitting on one of the two beds. Mika, Anna andTimmy! So they really kept their promise!

The boy is the first one to react, jumping off of the quite high bed and running and launching himself at me. I smile as I wrap my arms around him, waiting for his head to lift so I can read his lips.

"-great to see you again. I missed you.", he grins from one ear to another before starting to explain in detail what he's been doing the past few weeks.

"That's great but you need to give me a minute so I can great your sister and my other friends, after that you can tell me all about your friend and that girl.", I assure him, ruffling through his hair which earned me another smile and an obedient nod. Kids are so much easier to deal with once you know how to treat them.

"Anna, Mika.", I breathe out, astounded that they actually came even though nothing has happened yet.

"Skylar.", she wraps her arms around me, the sweet scent of her perfume filling my nose and making me smile. "How are you feeling? Excited yet?", she places her hand on my shoulder at the uncertain glance I'm giving her. "Well, I guess.", I answer.

"Don't worry, we're here for you! Right Mika?", she turns around with the intention of facing the guy behind her but he was already where my sister is standing, his hand brushing a strand of hair out of her face while exchanging a few words with her. He spins around, locking eyes with Anna who most have called him. "Of course we're here for you.", he adds, this time looking at me with his usual wide smile.

"I know you guys are.", I chuckle at the bunch I can be proud of calling my friends. And of course that handsome boy standing with my confused parents who honestly didn't expect all these people here. I make a weird head gesture while intensely staring at him, hoping he'll get the message of coming over here. He did eventually, walking up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You called?", he asks with a slight smirk. "I did and I'm happy you're here now.", I admit and grin as well.

"Any particular reason?", he continues with his question, tilting his head slightly. "Maybe a little kiss?", I shrug, trying to play it cool but not being able to hide the huge smile forming on my lips. "I guess I could do that.", his lips soon find mine and press against them. I move my head up to him, our height difference seeming to increase every time we kiss, which isn't true but it still feels like it.

As promised, I listened to Timmy for a solid hour, sometimes needing someone with a clearer pronunciation to repeat what he just said. My parents decided to leave and come back tomorrow since I had enough company even without them. Mika even convinced them to let Alex stay the night at his place, kinda surprised me that they said yes but I also trust mysister. And Mika.

Anna and Timmy had to leave soon after my parents since he is still a child and has a certain bedtime. Jeez, remember those days where you had to beg your mom to stay up for another five minutes. Since both Claire and Nathan will be staying the night, we had plenty of time to talk and we mostly told her about our time at Nathans hometown and all of his crazy friends. Of course I had to go in full depth when it came to Leslie because I'm still of the opinion that those two are so alike! Nathan even told her about that drunk kiss I shared with her which I still feel so bad for! But of course he kept saying that it wasn't my fault. Alcohol and stuff.

Park came to bring us something to eat, even staying a bit to chat. He seems like a nice guy, nothing too weird but also not quite normal either. The young nurse also told us to go the bed soon and if we weren't than to at least be quiet since there are other patients sleeping on this floor. We agreed and said our good nights before actually getting ready in the small bathroom connected to my room. Claire crashed on the extra bed while Nathan and I cuddled up in the hospital bed, both of our bodies holding tightly to one another and hands interlaced under the cover.

I'm so anxious about the next few days but I'm glad I have so many great friends to support and cheer me on and I have Claire to help me through any panic attack so I should be all set! I didn't fall asleep right away, neither did Nathan because I could see his eyes flutter open a few times in the dim light inside the room, but he never said anything, not like I could read his lips anyway. Well, eventually I did slip into a restless sleep, dreaming about the weirdest things that I still can't comprehend.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
I knooow it's been so long!! I'm sorry!!!! 😥🙈😬

Update: Sorry, i forgot to publish the first part of it!