Chapter 35

The pictures she had taken are surprisingly cute actually, all of them either featuring Nathan And me kissing or smiling at each other like the love sick idiots we are. "Send them to me.", I demand after giving her the phone back. "Okidoki.", taking a sip from her hot chocolate she glances over the edge, probably feeling really cool right now. I shake my head and laugh at her, focusing on Anna how has been quiet for awhile. "How is your brother doing? I haven't seen him in forever.", she looks up and smiles at my statement.

"Well, he's doing good but he's such a brat, like little siblings are so much work.", she rolls her eyes but not in a mean way. "I know what you mean, I havea handful over there as well.", pointing at my sister, she looks at me with this look of pure irritation, like I had just said something really stupid and untrue. "Don't even give me that! You know it's truth.", I shake my head and take a few sips from my tea.

We all stayed for another while, just talking about random stuff but after a few hours finally deciding to head back home. I also still had to check Nathans bruise and make sure he actually iced it before going to bed. My mom was okay with him staying over at our place over the night since we'll be heading to the hospital quite early in the morning. So the last few minutes before going to bed I pressed a bag of frozen peas against his bruise which earned me a lot of moody glances. Cold torture haha.

"Sky, do you want me to come with you tomorrow?", he asks and I'm slightly irritated by his question. "Of course. I mean, only if you want to.", does he have something to do? "Okay, it's just...the last time after Dr Sheppard had told you all of this, you were so absent and distant from me. I'm not trying to sound needy or clingy but that really hurt, so should you need your time afterwards I won't be disappointed if you didn't want me to come with you.", his gaze drops a few times, a slightly blush covering his cheeks.

"I know and I'm so sorry about that! I was just so shocked about all of this. I promise I won't do it again, okay? So please do come with me.", I bite my lower lip, guilt about that last time pulling at my heart. "Okay,I'd love. And don't worry, I completely understand.", he grabs my shirt and pulls me down to his lips, letting them crash against each other. God, I love this guy!

Again, fast forward to me shivering with Nathan holding onto my sweaty and cold hand while we're waiting for my doctor to show up. Even though today is not the day of the surgery, I'm still way too nervous for this. This reminds me of the how all of this had started, when Dr Sheppard had called me in for something he had to check and then telling me there might be away for me to get my hearing back. As if that's not shocking for someone who has been deaf for almost three years. Or has it been longer? I don't even know anymore.

Suddenly, Nathan squeezes my hand and it's not because I love doing this for some reason, it's because there's an older looking guy dressed in all white is smiling over at me, waving me over to him. That must be Dr Whitefield.. I get up from my seat, Nathan with me and of course the entire rest of my family following close behind. How embarrassing!

"Hello Skylar, it's nice to finally get to meet you.", he holds out a warm hand, shaking mine without dropping that nice smile of his. I know my hands are disgusting and I'm sorry for every person that ever had to hold it while I'm nervous. "Hello.", I return, hoping he'll just continue his regular doctor-monolouge without me having to say more than necessary. "Then, let's check your ear and meet your nurse,he'll be taking care of you once you stay here for a few days starting tomorrow.", he explains before leading me along the packed and busy hallways, the typical hospital scent filling the air.

So I'll have to stay here starting tomorrow, what kind of logic is that? I decide to stay quiet as our little flock follows the man into one of dozens of doctor offices, offering me to sit down with my boyfriend while the rest of my family had to stand. He makes his way through every single one of them, introducing himself multiple times before sitting down at the other side of his table and glancing at me for a second. "So, as I said before. You'll be staying here from yesterday to Thursday, then come back in one and a half weeks or so to remove the bandages and get your scars checked. You'll also have to go to speech therapy. At Least once, and let them determine by how much your speech has changed over those few years, okay?", he pauses, receiving nods from every single person in this room.