Chapter 34

I woke up to the feeling of something vibrating around my wrist which irritated me since I thought I had not only taken it off but also turned it off as well.Come to think of it, the only contacts that can send me messages during the night and early mornings, and that's my mom, dad, Alex and Claire. But what would they want from me right now. I sit up, noticing how far apart Nathan and I are, well maybe at least didn't hurt him in my sleep. I open the message which turned out to be from my mom and my heart almost stopped when I read it's content.

Good morning, sweetie! I hope you're doing well! I have super good news for you, we got the earliest appointment available and since Dr Sheppard is friends with the surgeon we might be able to do this on Wednesday! If you still want to do this you'll have to come home today since tomorrow you'll meet him and he'll have a check up on you just so he can be sure everything can workout. We can be so grateful that Dr Sheppard convinced his friend todo this so sudden, normally something like that would take way longer maybe even half a year. Are you up for it, love?

Tears sting in my eyes and I can't hold them back. So this is really it, I will be able to hear again in less than a week... Nathan suddenly jerks up, his expression shocked as he stares at me. "Baby, what's wrong?", he asks, pulling me into his embrace against his muscular, warm upper body. "I'll... my mom...", I can't even form actual sentences without interrupting myself with dozens of hiccups. "What? Is your mom okay?", there is a hint of panic in the way he searches for answers in my tear dripping eyes. I nod and simply reach for my phone on the night stand, showing my moms message to him.

His hand finds it's way to his mouth as it covers it, staring at the screen then back up at me."Sky...", he mumbles after removing his hand. Tears now form in his eyes as well. I laugh and throw my arms around him, both of us having a mixture of a cry and laugh attack. It's happiness but also shock and of course fear. Maybe... maybe more happiness than anything else. As we part, his lips immediately crash onto mine and I giggle into the kiss, the tears seeming to have no end to them. "You want to pack up now?", he asks, almost jumping out of bed but not without flinching in pain.

"Shit, are you okay?", I asks, examining the bruise which basically looks just like yesterday."Yeah, I'm fine! I'm more excited anyway!", he walks over to my side of the bed and lifts me out of it and onto the ground. "You start getting ready and I'll tell my grandparents that we have to leave earlier than expected.", without waiting for a response he almost runs out of the room. I honestly can't believe how pumped up he is, like, he's probably in so much pain judging from the look of that bruise.

Hey mom! That's so awesome, I literally can't believe it right now! We're leaving in a few and of course I'm Still up for it!

I type my reply, a burst of energy overcoming me and I honestly don't even know what I should do next . Claire! My friends, they all deserve to know!

CLAIRE! Guess who'll get the surgery done On Wednesday!?

I place my phone on the bed,deciding to get ready first before ending up in a huge explaining what the doctor had explained my mom and what she then explained to me. But of course, I don't have to wait long for her response, I didn't even reach the bathroom door.

OMG! I'm actually screaming, laughing and crying right now. And now my heart hurts. Shit, man! That's so awesome,like, dude!! I don't even know what to say! Come over to my place as soon as you get home!

I laugh at her response,relating so much as I enter the bathroom to take a shower and get ready. When I exited the steamy room, I notice Nathan basically throwing his stuff into the suit cases, turning around once he heard my amused chuckle. "Gamma will be preparing something to eat for the ride back.", he explains, placing a hand on my hip as soon as I walked up to him. "Are you nervous?", his head is slightly tilted and he wraps an arm around my waist. "Yeah of course I am, but I also really want to hear your voice.", I admit, blushing slightly.It's true, hearing his voice, his laughter and even his moans, I want nt to hear all of that. "You're so cute.", grinning, he places his lips on mine gently, not deepening the kiss any more than necessary.