Chapter 53

"It's okay, just please try to live in the moment, I've been doing fine for quite some time now, so there's nothing to worry about, I will always be there right next to you.", I lean my forehead against his, smiling at him softly to prove just how 'fine' I am.

"I'll try, I promise.", his lips touch mine for merely a few seconds before breaking contact again.

"So, how about that walk you promised me? I'd go get ready real quick and then we could go.", he chuckles at my sudden enthusiasm but simply nods, letting go after one last peck on the side of my mouth.

"Then I'll go change and wait for you outside.", I Know that he's still not fully convinced of my well being but for now he should keep quiet about it until I either have another migraine or another mental break down.

"I'll try to hurry.", watching him grab his shirt and pants and exit the room with one last smile in my direction.

Sighing, I walk to my own bag, my clothes scattered along the floor. Nathan must have been in quite a panic. I smile as I reach for the change of clothes I packed for today and head for the bathroom.

The air is still kinda thick in here, since neither one of us remembered to open a window after our long shower yesterday. Quickly brushing my teeth and slipping into the items I brought, I exit the cabin with a sense of nausea not even a deep breath of fresh air could solve.

"Ready?", I spot Nathan close to the water, his body turned to the lake but head facing me. I smile and nod, slowly making my way towards him. Oddly enough, I can feel my footsteps in my head, adding to the numb yet also kinda throbbing sensation that wouldn't seem to fully subside.

"Ready.", I take his hand in mine, holding onto him tightly.

"My aunt texted me, saying she won't bother us should we decide to leave today, she did offer us to stay for another day or two.", he starts walking along the water after a few seconds of silence, smiling down to me. Wait, did he grow again?

"Ah okay, too bad, I thought I could meet more of your family today.", a few birds are scared away as we make our way a bit deeper into the woods and further away from the water.

"Don't worry, you're not missing anything, she's just as weird as the rest.", he chuckles, his grip around my hand tightening slightly. I know he doesn't like talking about family as much as others would due to not only his dad but also stepdad, Yet I'm glad to know that there are also more relatives that will have his back no matter what.

"I believe it. You Walkers are a strange breed of people.", I earn my self a soft punch against my upper arm and one of his signature laughs that I've come accustomed to the past few days.

"Right back at you.", his lips kiss my temple as he continues to lead me along a barely visible trail.

"I'd say we do leave today though, your parents probably don't trust me enough to let you stay with me for another night with no one else to hear you calling for help.", he almost adds too much seriousness to the way he said this.

"My mom is already suspicious when you stay over at my place with them literally right next doors.", Nathan suddenly stops at my words, his other hand coming to my chest as pushes me against a tree right behind me, it wasn't rough or anything yet I still stop breathing for a second, staring up at him with wide eyes.

"I wonder what she might be afraid of.", he whispers dangerously close to my ear before kissing it gently.

"I think I can imagine.", I chuckle, wrapping my unoccupied arm around his waist and tug him closer to me.

"Really? I just can't think of anything.", his lips linger right in front of mine and I fight the urge to just close the distance between them.

"I think she would even mind this.", I whisper, my eyes switching between his tempting lips and his shining green eyes.