Chapter 24

She leads me along a short hallway, explaining the different doors lined up on the right wall. Stuff like the trainers office, showers for girls and boys, changing rooms and a snack room with vending machines and a refrigerator which seems kind of useless since it's ridiculously cold and we're not even in the main skating hall yet. "We change into our things here and take our skates over here.", she takes my hand and pulls me to the end of it and we enter the actual thing through a huge two door entrance. You Can see your breath in here!

But the ice is gigantic, stretching out with an almost magical shimmer on the fresh and reflective surface.Benches, seats and two booths on either side are placed all around it and I could just imagine it being packed during an intense game with hundreds of people watching and following in excitement. "Awesome.",I let my gaze slip over the ice one more time before focusing back on Leslie who is still holding my hand. "Pretty cool, right?", she smiles proudly but soon taking an irritated glance behind her. The Doors get slammed open with force and the short Asian guy appears,worry in his face.

He didn't even say anything and yet both Leslie and I knew exactly why he came to get us. She lets go off my hand and we both sprint down the hallway and back to the entrance.The sight in front of me is like a punch in the heart, my boyfriend laying on the ground without moving and both Tom and Kaylx pulling Dean off of him. I scream his name and run towards him. He sits up as soon as he had noticed me, smiling and wrapping his arms around me after I did so first. My mind is completely blank and even as I help him back on his feet there is nothing going on up there. "A-are you okay?", I choke out, trying not to check every inch of his body for bruises. "I'm fine, he just pushed me down, no violence.", his smile grows wider and he kisses the tip of my nose with a slight tremble to his movements.

He suddenly jerks away from me, his eyes staying fixated on me before pulling me into another hug. What Did just happen? Is he in pain?

"Let's get to practice or else we'll waste the entire day.", he cheers, grinning over at the group of shocked and worried faces. This alone is enough evidence for me that he's lying to me and that it was more than just pushing him to the ground. But I will not force him to tell me anything, he will as soon as he's ready to do so.

Everyone went inside in somewhat whole group, Tom and Jacob making sure that Dean stayed at the very end. As I walk past him he gives me the most terrifying smile I've ever seen, his eyes seeming almost dead. I press closer to Nathan who noticed my reaction and immediately glared daggers at his ex. Didn't he tell me they were friends once because I kinda think that was a big,fat lie.

He helps me put my skates on after we have left our bags in the locker room and entered the skating hall."Are you ready?", he smiles, crinkling his nose in amusement When I shake my head. "Don't worry, I got you.", he reassures me once again before pulling me to my feet. I watch Kaylx and the three guys sprint over the rubber mats on the ground with their skates already on, racing each other to the small entrance at the side of the walls surrounding the ice. The Asian guy, whose name I still don't know reaches the slippery surface jumping onto it and simply exhilarating with a fluent passage. The others follow close behind, spraying out in different directions and making a few fast laps while Nathan and Leslie lead me to the same opening.

My boyfriend steps onto the ice first,holding both of his hands towards me. "You can trust me.", he winks as I give him both of mine and let him pull me onto the surface carefully. To my surprise I didn't fall the second I stepped onto it but the tension you have to hold is insane. Leslie swirls around me giving me a big thumbs up while skating backwards. I decide to pay more attention to Nathan as he starts to explain the basics. "Try Making triangles with your feet, can you show him?", the girl nods at his request and demonstrates it slowly, skating in circles around us while using the method Nathan had mentioned. "Now you try.",he's still going backwards, blinking at me reassuringly. I nod with uncertainty but do try to copy what Leslie was doing.

I think I went skating before because it seemed familiar but I must have been a child back then, even so, I get the hang of it fairly fast and didn't land on my ass. Okay, it was a close call once but Nathan caught me. Now I'm just carefully skating laps with both Leslie and my boyfriend flanking me. With every round I dare to go faster and the first wobbliness is almost gone. I'm still holding one of his hands but not really for support but more for couple reasons. Kaylx races past us a few times, Tom always close onto her but never quite catching up, it's hilarious to watch to be honest.

But of course something, or rather someone had to ruin this peaceful atmosphere. Dean really did take his time, throwing the content of a yellow, fun sized M&M packs down and his eyes instantly locking with mine as he steps on the ice and smoothly gliding towards us while stuffing the trash into his pocket. Leslie didn't think twice before leaving us and going straight for him, taking his hand and pulling him along with her. They both seem to be starting a simple conversation as she drags him to the very far end of the rink. She'd do this for a few minutes while Nathan and I talked a little bit (reading lips and skating is almost impossible) but it didn't take him long to get bored and slowly make his way over to us.

His smile still creeps me out, even though it's not unfriendly, it's just absolutely terrifying."Nathan, relax, I just want to talk to him. No need to get all protective.", he grins and shakes his head at my boyfriends attempt to pull me to his other side and further away from him. "Sky it is,right?", he tilts his head while skating backwards and right infront of me. "Y-yeah. And you're Dean?", I return the stupid question, knowing that me most likely knew my name anyway. But well,so did I. "Yes, it's a pleasure finally meeting you, the others couldn't stop talking about how excited they are for you to come visit.", the way his eyes watch me makes me so uncomfortable. "I see, well I'm h-happy to have met all of his friends.", I curse myself for the stuttering, hoping that it didn't sound too scared.

#########
I kept my promise!
😊