Chapter 14

The next day, I texted Nathan, asking how he's doing and if he's fit enough to workout and to my surprise he is so two hours after breakfast, I head over to his house already in sports clothes. I will most likely die because I'm nowhere near the same level as Nathan, is still somewhat used to doing physical activities. "Baby, hey!", he seems more cheerful than the last two days, the redness on his shoulder is slowly fading, so are the ones on the sides that were visible in the deep cut muscle shirt he's wearing. "Hey.", I smile at him, allowing him to lean in for along kiss, letting him deepen and lead it. "How are you feeling? Is the burn coming along?", I ask, examining his upper body. "Pretty good, I was able to put the cream on myself without my moms help but if you want to you can help me later.", he winks. The old Nathan is almost 100% back and I'm actually very glad about that. It was almost scary how he was behaving.

"Ready to get some working done?",he asks, a sly grin on his face as he pulls me into his eyes and towards the room we painted the walls in back when he had just moved here. It looked so different, the sides where full with different types of machines and shelves with weights, ropes and other kind of equipment. "We used to have a room like this in our old house but it was more for my cousin and my step dad but since we moved, we just took all of this with us.", he lets a hand glide over the seat of one of these bicycle things. "Is your cousin still with your step dad?", I ask, stepping closer to him. "No!", the answer was sudden and even without hearing I could sense the anger, the desperateness, that's when I remember what he had told me about that man.

"I sure hope he's in prison.", I add quickly. "He is but only for a year, since he was drunk and couldn't think straight.", he rolls his eyes. "That asshole deserves more than one year, he tormented my mom, cornered her and took her happiness for so long.", his hands are tightened to fists."But she seems happy now, I think that's because of you. She's better now that you feel good as well.", I smile at him, taking one of his hands in mine, the fist slowly loosening before his fingers interlace themselves with mine. "That's because of you. You make me so happy!", he leans in for a kiss, his tongue sliding over my lower lip before making contact with mine. His free hand rests on my hip, drawing me closer to him until our chests are touching, pressed together.

"Let's stop here before it will end a little differently then a workout.", I blush at his statement,avoiding his gaze and taking a step back. "Then let's start.", I mumble, earning a light chuckle from him. "We're going to start simple but please don't overdo it, okay? Tell me if something doesn't feel right and I will help you.", he smiles, rubbing a thumb over my cheek before explaining the things we'll be doing for a while.

And it was absolute hell, after an hour I decided to take a break, watching Nathan as he benched a few wait with his legs, the muscles clearly visible due to his shorts. "You like what you see?", he asks as soon as I look up at his face again, a few drops of sweat running down his forehead. "Maybe I do .", I smirk, watching as he did five more before getting up. "You ready for part two?", he laughs at my shocked face, gripping my neck and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Then let's cool down and stretch a little." He instructed what I was supposed to do,sometimes even helping me by placing individual parts of my body differently and as we finally finish I feel, as expected, half dead and can't help but just lay on the floor staring up at the boy standing above me.

"How do you feel?", he asks, kneeling down in besides me. "Dead.", I answer, earning a grin."But you can't say you don't feel good now.", he has a point, the satisfaction of finishing the workout is better than the pain you feel in every single muscle. "True.", I mutter, closing my eyes again, glad that I brought a change of clothing because I really need a shower now.

We both got showered, not together though and changed into comfy clothes, heading for his room tired and done with the world. "Do you want me to apply some of the cream?",I ask as I notice the tube on his desk next to his phone. "That would be so nice and I have a little surprise for you after that.",he grins while taking off his shirt, waiting for me to grab the cream. The coolness made him sigh, exhaling in relaxation just like the other times. "Does this actually feel that good?", I ask,while massaging it into his chest and towards his arms and shoulders."It's amazing.", he admits with closed eyes.

"Okay, you can put your shirt back on.", I smile rubbing the rest of the cream on my hands onto my own neck, the cool sensation tickling slightly. "Thank you so much baby.", he leans in for a kiss. "Now for your surprise, can you lay down on your stomach?", he asks, pointing on the mattress. I blush but do as I'm told, anxiously waiting for what might come now. Suddenly, the bed dips down as he crawls on top of me, sitting down on my thighs with one knee on each side of my body. His warm, soft hands gently start of at the small of my back, causing me to flinch for second. "Nathan.", I whine, wanting to turn around to face him. His hands sneak underneath my shirt, pushing it up by each inch he moved upwards. This simple touch feels so good, so I stop protesting and simply rest my head on his pillow and concentrate on his hands, on each finger as they trail over my skin.

After a while, my shirt was on the floor to allow him better access to my shoulders and neck. "This feels amazing.", I sigh happily with closed eyes and a smile. The massage continued for probably almost an hour and ended with dozens of gentle kisses leading up from my lower back to my neck, they feel like little butterflies flying against your skin, soft and warm. As he carefully rolls off of and next to me with a content grin. "Did you like it?", he asks, pulling me a little closer to him. "I loved it.", I peck his lips but it soon ended in a deeper and more passionate kiss, our tongues dancing with each other to music that couldn't be heard by others.

We part slowly, idiotic grins on our faces. "I love you, Skylar, so very much. Thank you for reminding me of how it feels to be loved.", he exhales deeply, his body relaxing more into the hand that caressed his neck and cheek. "I love you, too and thank you for teaching me to trust again.", we have learned so much from each other, there is so much give and take in this relationship it makes it even more special to me. He laughs,putting both arms around me and squeezing me to his chest tightly,allowing me to feel his heart pounding against mine, both of them in unison. Isn't that one of the signs of true love? When your partners heart beats in the same rhythm as yours?