Chapter 6

After a few minutes of just cuddling, my mom's head popped up at my door, calling us for dinner. The subject of my surgery wasn't brought up while eating, much too my liking, they must have sensed my uncertainty.

As Nathan and I head back to my room, he gently rubs over my neck loosening the stiffness in it, I didn't notice how tight my muscles are clenched. I sigh, dropping down on the mattress head first and burying my face into my pillow. The weight shifts as Nathan sits on top of my lower back, almost crushing me underneath him. "Nooo!", my scream is muffled by the cloth of the pillow and even as I try to lift my head, I can't hold it for long.

The boy on top of me leans forward, his chest resting against my back and warm soft lips trailing along my neck to my ear, biting it gently. I shiver, clenching the sheets of my bed and sighing with a wide grin. Little things like these make me so happy, just being with him, being teased by him or talking to him.

His breath tickles against my skin as words leave his mouth, words I can't that can't reach me. The surgery could change that, for the good that is.

"Nathan.", I whisper, tilting my head side ways and closing my eyes. The weight rolls off and next to me and as I look at him, I see the worry on his face.  "You don't have to do it, if you don't want to.", he states, keeping his head off of the mattress by resting it in his hands.

"I know I don't, but all these years, my only wish was to be able to hear again. And now...", I trail off, pinching the bridge of my nose before scratching my head.  Nathan takes both of my hands in his, keeping them at check as he looks at me, continuing what I wanted to say. "Your wish will be granted.",  he smiles proudly, pecking my lips gently.

"Give me a few days, okay?", I ask, brushing a loose strand out of Nathan's forehead. "You have as long as you want to! Don't jump to any decision you might regret.", he kisses the tip of my nose.

Nathan didn't stay over night, my parents made sure that wouldn't happen since they both had to work over night and into the early morning. Scared of the little son loosing his virginity. It's not like their behavior changed since I told them but whenever I'm going to be home alone with him, they look at me weirdly, what are they so worried about? It's not like... Nathan... Like we actually did it or... Would in the... The...

My watch vibrates and I jump in surprise, feeling a blush creep over my cheeks at the simple thought of it. I look down, the little screen coming to life as I tilt my watch toward me. My eyes widen as it is actually the person I was just thinking about.. Kinda

Hey, I forgot to ask if you're free tomorrow? I wanted to check out the mall since, even after weeks of living here, I never went there. Thought it'd be an interesting date, what do you think?

I chuckle slightly, before writing my response on the phone that was laying next to me.

Sure that could be fun! What time do you want to head out?

It doesn't take long for him to reply and only a few messages later, our date was scheduled for tomorrow around noon and he's going to drive us there. We did have a little discussion about whether or not we should walk but I'm glad I won that argument. I wonder why he always wants to walk, I know the mall is only a fifteen minute walk away from our home but it's way faster by car.

Spending time with him should be fun, I can clear my mind a little and maybe forget about all of it for a moment.

Alex kept giving me these looks over the course of the evening, silently begging me to tell her about the doctor and what exactly he had said. I'm just glad she shut up about it, like my parents, although my mom did do the same thing a few times.