Chapter 25

"Is that so.", he stares at me fora second before continuing. "I've heard you're deaf, is that true?", I swallow at his questions but simply nod. "Interesting,so you haven't heard a single thing in your entire life?", I could feel Nathan tensing up with every passing second but I try to keep my calm for the both of us. "No, I used to be able to hear.", I Explain, returning his smile since mine had sort of dropped earlier."Ah, my bad.", for a split second he almost seemed normal, his whole expression changed. I don't think he's all that bad but that's coming from someone who doesn't even know half the things he's responsible for.

"You seem to be having a few troubles with skating, do you know how we used to be taught?", he asks, the scary smile back with us. I shake my head carefully, terrified of what's going to come next. He squints his eyes and in a tenth of a second he has Nathans hair in a death grip, making him let go off me to ease the friction on his scalp. In this moment, Dean's other hand collides with my chest and he pushes me backwards, winking as I fell on my butt and back. I flinch at the pain that strikes me and I roll onto all fours, trying to make the throbbing go away.

A hand reaches out towards me and I look into Jacobs eyes who gives a small smile. With a strong thrust,he pulls me to my feet again, keeping a hand on my shoulder. "Are You okay?", he asks, earning a silent nod. Falling on ice with that much force is fucking painful and I really just want to lay downright now since standing just makes it worse. I turn to look at the mess before us. Dean is laying on the ice with Kaylx sitting on his stomach and yelling at him while punching his chest every once in awhile, Leslie and Tom are steadying Nathan, whose face is so pale and gaze straight into nothingness.

His head suddenly snaps up and he locks eyes with me, worry, guilt and pain flushing through the green fire in them. But he hesitates for a second, staring down at the smirking Dean , probably wondering if he should beat him or not. I bite my lower lip as I wait for his final decision, smiling softly as he comes skating towards me and launching himself into my arms. This is the second time we have to do this whole dramatic hug thing because of Dean.

"I'll make sure he goes home so we can at least fool around for a few more minutes, okay?", he assures, pausing right before kissing the tip of my nose and I wonder why. Instead he pecks my lips gently, turning around and charging for Dean who is already standing with Kaylx next to him, tears running down her puffy cheeks. She looks over at me and gives me a small smile, which I gladly returned. Dean, Nathan, Leslie and Tom both start to argue with wild hand gestures, the other three not including themselves.

The tall and muscular boy laughs throwing his head back slightly while staring at me with his dead,blue eyes causing multiple shivers to run along my spine and limbs.He throws me an air kiss with his hand before simply turning around and skating to the exit of the rink with the same odd elegance he used for getting here. He may be an asshole but his movements are simply beautiful as I catch myself staring at him even after he had left the ice completely. Nathan and Leslie both hurry over to me,asking me if I'm alright dozens of times.

"Guys, I'm fine!", I chuckle , taking his hand in mine and pulling myself closer to him until our chests touched. He smiles, kissing me carefully and wrapping an arm around my waist. As we slowly part, I notice a small blush on his cheeks and although it could me because of the cold air in here, I haven't noticed it before. "Do you want to continue skating for another few minutes?", he asks, probably thinking that I must be in major pain. It's not that bad. I mean, it could be worse, right?

"Sure!", I take his other hand as well and let him pull me along with him. But this only worked out for maybe half a lap before I accidentally stumbled,falling backwards with Nathan following suit. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry.", I apologize, ignoring the aching at the exact same spot from earlier, as he lands on all fours right above me. One hand and knee on each side of my body with his clear, green eyes fixating me closely. Without even bothering to get up, he simply leans down,capturing my lips with his and gently moving against them. I can't help but smile into it, wrapping my arms around his neck and completely forgetting about the cold ice underneath me and his friends swarming around us like paparazzi. If felt like it was justus in that moment, although that didn't last for long.

"I love you.", I breath against his lips as we break the kiss for a split second before closing the space between them again. We did decide to stop this before it gets too weird as he helps me back on my feet. "I love you too.", he responds with a quick peck, turning around to be greeted with many puzzled and amused faces. And of course three phones being shoved in our faces, showing pictures and even videos of us basically making out on the ice. I blush and somewhat try to hide behind Nathans frame, Leslie's the only one who stayed normal and simply gave me a thumbs up.

"Well, training didn't work out so well.", she states, skating next to me, "But I'd Love to take you downtown. Of course Thanny can come too.". At the sound of his nickname, he turns around and looks back and forth between us. "You want to go downtown, maybe get some ice cream?",she repeats with a few add-ons and Nathan immediately nods. We ask some of the others but no one except Kaylx was free to go. But we did get invited over to Tom's house for a party this evening. And I'm almost certain that there will be alcohol and I'm honestly not sure how to feel about that. The last time I was drunk didn't end so well...

Well, technically it did But I just didn't picture my first kiss like this at all.

"Then let's head out.",she says, more to me than to the other two before grabbing my hand and carefully pulling me along with her over the ice and towards the little hole in the wall. Stepping onto actual ground is super weird when you've been on a slippery surface for so long. But the feeling of shoes without a blades to balance on is even more liberating!

Leslie and I are already outside waiting for Nathan and Kaylx to finally show up so we can go."he did take his car, right?", I nod my head as a response."Good, because we all walked here.", she states, biting at her piercings for a few seconds until the last two exited the building.The girl is so much shorter than Nathan, it's almost funny watching them walk along side each other. But I'm guessing she's a very good hockey player. "Ready?", he asks after a small peck. "Waiting on you.", I counter, earning a soft chuckle. "Then let's go!",we all nod and follow him to his truck, all three of them stuffing their bags on the bag seats and climbing into the bed. Kaylx reaches out a hand towards me, pulling me in as well. I didn't even riding in the back here is allowed!

Nathan laughs at the sight of us three idiots just sitting there and smiling before he gets into the driver seat and starts driving us to the location we were planning to go. The sun feels great on my cool downed skin and I'm Really enjoying the light that comes up with the movement of the vehicle. I soon notice the two girls watching me closely and with wide grins on their faces. "W-what?", I ask, slightly crept out."Oh nothing, it's just funny staring at you.", Kaylx shrugs while untying her hair and letting the long black strands fall on her shoulder, the blue tips complementing the darkness of the rest. I Really do like her hair!

"Okay... I guess.", I scratch the back of my neck and switch between the two of them."Don't worry, she's just playing with you. I mentioned how cute and nice you are compared to Dean.", Leslie answers truthfully,earning a scoff from the other one. "It's true though, you are an amazing person from what I can tell so far.", Kaylx adds to her little gesture and winks at me. "Well, I don't think that's hard compared to Dean.", I mumble, not wanting to offend him even though he wasn't here anyway. "No, you're right but it's always good tobe better than someone like him.", she scoffs again, her puffy cheeks seeming to grow.

"Did something happen to him or why is he so salty?", I ask quietly, rubbing my hands together. "Well, yeah his dad left them for another man but I don't know why that should have affected his asshole personality.",Leslie shrugs, biting at the black rings again. "Maybe it did hit him a little harder than you guys think?", I ask shyly, not wanting to defend Dean all the way. "That's still not an excuse for his fucked up self.", the other girl answers this time. I simply nod and decide to let it go. "But he did always seem happier when he was still figure skating.", Kaylx mumbles, making it hard for me to read her lips.

Figure skating? Maybe that's why his movements were so elegant. "Why did he quit?" I ask, my interest back 100 percent. "We don't know, he just switched to our hockey team out of nowhere, I guess he still wanted to stay on the ice.", Leslie explains, playing with her own fingers. "I see.",I really want to learn more about him but asking him directly should be near impossible without any more injuries.

###########
I won't be updating this weekend, since I'm not at home at the moment! But I hope you'll except this token instead!