Chapter 36

Disclaimer: This chapter adds on after the 35th chapter, Nathans POV has nothing to do with the actual story, i just wanted write a dry hump scene lol!

                                             +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What an adventure. We get into the red van, my dad driving us all back home with a cheerful atmosphere in the car. It's not like I'm not happy about my upcoming change but I'm still so scared of something going wrong during the surgery. I can tell people that there are more positive aspects than negative all I want but in the end I will still be just as terrified as when Dr Sheppard first told me about this operation.

I continue to play with Nathan's hand during the ride back home, squeezing and stretching his fingers, probably hurting him a few times but even so he keeps still and watches me closely, offering me his second one as well. Smiling, I break the fingers on that one as well, earning a chuckle from my boyfriend and an irritated glance from my sister sitting next to me.

The car comes to a halt in our driveway and the flock spreads out, exiting the vehicle and one by one stepping into the cool house. My mom gets us something to drink, also asking if we're hungry or not and offering to make us something to eat. I for once am not so I just shake my head and lead Nathan into the living room where Alex is already sitting with her gaze on her phone and a small smile making her bite her lip to hide it. I bet she's texting with Mika and while I'd love to tease her about that, I know for a fact that I behaved the exact same way when I got to know Nathan. Maybe not at the actual beginning but sooner or later I enjoyed writing with him.

My boyfriend sits down next to me and soon my parents join each one of them carrying four glasses of apple juice and placing them in front of us and or mother. "So Sky, did you listen to what the Dr Sheppard explained?", my dad asks, waiting for me to finish taking a sip from my drink. "Yeah, I did. I understood everything and I'm ready to do this. I just don't understand why I have to stay there for so long and then two days before the actual surgery.", I shrug with a small smile. "Maybe Because they...", my mom pauses, thinking for a second, "Yeah You're right, that doesn't make sense but let's not question it, okay? Let's just be glad that you are able to do this so soon.", I nod at her statement, placing a hand on Nathans thigh, making him look at me.

"Let's go upstairs.", I suggest, carefully grabbing a hold of his wrist. "Of course.", he gets up with me and we leave the living room with a quick 'later'. I switch to holding his actual hand, our finger intertwining as we make our way upstairs and into my room. Flopping face down onto my unmade bed with a groan. All of this is really draining my energy!

Suddenly a hand traces over my back and the mattress dips down, my boyfriends body sitting down next to me. "I'm so distressed!", I mumble as I turn around, his hand slipping over my side and resting onto my stomach. "I believe it! I wish I could calm you down a bit.", he rolls me over before laying down next to me, his arms pulling me closer to his heat radiating body. "I think you're doing a great job already.", I admit, nuzzling into the crook of his neck and smiling at the familiar scent surrounding me.

He leans away from me so I can have a better view of his lips as he starts forming words directed at me. "Can you close your eyes for me? I promise I won't do anything.", he somewhat demands, a small smile lightening his face up. "Uhm... okay.", I close my eyes, waiting for what might come next. The arms wrapped around me disappear and it takes every ounce of discipline to keep my eyes shut. The feeling of not having sight nor hearing is terrifying and it does kinda still remind of that incident.

Shivering, a finger suddenly traces over lips and even though I know it's Nathan, I still flinch away for a split second before slowly easing into it.