Chapter 8

"I need some new trunks, my old ones ripped the other day.", he laughs, probably remembering how. "Okay, there's a clothing store over there, but I don't know if they have what you're looking for.", I start to pull him along with me,brushing a hand through my hair as we enter the next mission,searching for the swimsuit section. I notice a few weird looks from a group of guys standing next to the snapbacks, grinning over at us. My heart stings and I feel dizzy, slowly letting go of his hand. "I think they're over there.", I whisper, trying to release it while speeding up a little, but of course, Nathan doesn't play along and simply gives my hand a death squeeze.

We finally found what we're looking for, the group leaves the store with a last finger point towards us and laughter, a sense of relief rushing through me. But the stinging in my chest didn't exactly ease up, I know that this will always be the consequence of being with him. "Are you okay?",he asks, a worried glint in his eyes. "Everything fine and dandy!",I try to reassure him, taking my gaze off of him and focusing back on the different trunks.

"I'll try this one!",he takes a black pair of long shorts from the hanger and holds them closer to his... Boy parts. "Sure, they look good.", I smile, eying the piece closely before looking away with a slight blush. Nathan grabs the exact same ones but in a different size and starts heading for the changing rooms. I'm not sure if I should follow or not, since I will most definitely not go in there with him. Claire used to do that all the time though, I can't remember a time where I would actually change without her staring at me or poor me just standing in the corner trying to look at my phone while she stripped right there. It may be because we literally grew up knowing each others body and not trying to hide it from one another. Like siblings. Although I don't think I would share a fitting room with my actual sister. That's really weird when you think about it that way.

Suddenly, there is a warm hand grabbing a hold of mine again and I look up into Nathan's face,a small smile formed on his lips wrinkling the sides of his mouth slightly. "Are you coming?", he asks, snapping me completely out of my thoughts. I nod absently before following him to the separate rooms in the back. I hope he doesn't want me to come "with with"him. He checks for a free one and hangs the two black trunks on the bar drilled onto the wooden wall. "Do you want to come inside or wait?", he asks, a smirk causing his face to darken a little. "I'll wait.", I whisper, avoiding direct eye contact as the blush grew wider. I've literally made out with him but I can't go into the same changing room? Logic!

I sit down on one of the chairs they placed in front of the curtains, probably for mothers when their daughters invade the store and pick every third item of clothing they can find. Placing the paper bag with my book on my lap,I patiently wait for my boyfriend to get changed and it doesn't take long for the curtain to be swooshed open, revealing a half naked Nathan with only the trunks and his boxers underneath from what I can tell. He didn't have to take off his shirt if you ask me, since it's only about the lower part. Nathan comes towards me, pulling me to my feet before turning around in a 360 degree circle. "What do you think?", he asks as he comes to an halt again, noticing how my eyes followed his movement closely.

"They suit you.", I manage to say after a few seconds of silence, meeting his gaze once again. "Do you think they're too tight?", he takes my hand,guiding my index finger between his warm, soft skin and the silky fabric and tugging at it. My heart skips a beat and my face literally feels like it's burning up. "N-no! They- fine, they're fine.",I stutter, trying to look somewhere else and not at my finger at the waistband of the trunks. He slowly lifts my hand again, interlacing our fingers. I look at him, a huge smile on his face. "Don't worry, I'm just playing with you.", he pecks my lips gently,letting go of my hand and turning around to get dressed again, the curtain swooshing closed.

I let myself fall back on the chair, my heart still beating way too fast and my hands a sweaty mess. Why does he keep doing stuff like that, he knows how easily I can get flustered? Is it because I wasn't willing to tell Anna I was gay right away, is this him getting back at me? After he got dressed again, the curtains open and we both head for the register. While Nathan pays, I look through a stack of shirts, trying to calm my minda little.